Oberon Station terrain rendering white?

Hi:

I am using DS 4.9. When I load and try to render the Terrain that comes with Oberon station it seems to not render in the shade I select. It is all just default white. Am I doing something wrong? The colors look like they are supposed to be orange and pale orange. 

OS.png
1019 x 861 - 1M

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,146

I think it is a bug. There is another thread about this problem, too.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,622

Thanks! I'm a bit surprised that this passed testing. It seems a rather obvious error.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited December 2016

Glad I found this post, as I'm running into this too with the Iray material, even after the latest product update. I read the other thread, but nothing in it about fixing the white terrain material (other than using another product to change its material, which isn't an option for me). I'm submitting a ticket too.

Post edited by dawnblade on

Nothing has been repaired. I have two sets now by petipet which render white ground. Disappointing quality control.

Thanks for the update. I just pulled out a 3Delight render that I did with New Colony, and although the ground is the correct color, the surrounding terrain is white! It still could be just my bad lighting though. blush

Looks like the Dominator set has had its textures repaired.

That is great news! I'm encouraged that all will be fixed soon.

edited December 2016

There is an update to Oberon Station in IM today. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the white terrain problem. Neither the read me file nor the Updated Products page has any description beyond the 11/30 update: "2016-11-30 - Fixed issue with bad pathing in poser files, fixed corrupted cooridor file in Daz Studio."

Oberon.JPG
    1257 x 876 - 470K
    Post edited by Chohole on

There was another update today, and now we have non-white terrain! I only tested the Iray materials, and although they are supposed to be much different in color (based on the icons), they render similarly. To be fair though, these are only partial renders, as I only had a few min. because I'm in a rush. But I'm glad I have something to play with for my next sci-fi scene!

OberonFixed1.JPG
    1243 x 873 - 318K
    OberonFixed2.JPG
    1258 x 874 - 402K