Morphs for Genesis made from model from game

sts2_7d779565e7sts2_7d779565e7 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello.

I looked around for some tutorials about that, but couldn't find anything, so...

I have few models from Mass Effect 3 and I wanted to put their heads on genesis neck ;)
But if I'd try as a separate model, it would look ugly and texutres would not fit too.
So I thought about making Genesis face be morphed to this face of ie. Shepard.
Is it possible to make such morphs?

Thank you.

Comments

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You will need to export the Genesis figure as an object file. Open that file with a modelling program (Blender, ZBrush, Modo, etc.) load the other figure into the same program and sculpt the Genesis head and neck to match the other figure's features. Save the sculpted Genesis and import it into DS as a Morph Target.

• sts2_7d779565e7sts2_7d779565e7 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So I'll have to do it the hard way. With mouse...
    Anyway, thank you for reply.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Presumably this is only for your personal use, as what you want to do does not sound very legal. Exporting meshes from a game could be considered as breaking the game manufacturers EULA.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Exporting meshes from a game could be considered as breaking the game manufacturers EULA.

It does, but unlike most other 3D companies, game companies know that the EULA isn't worth the "paper" it's written on, they have to decide what's best for their company, spend a fortune prosecuting moders and get peanuts back, or ignore (and in some cases help) them knowing that if the moders are good then your games shelf life will have been extended, which means more sales.

In a nutshell, as long as you don't profit from their work they don't really care, try and make money and they'll drop on you like a ton of bricks.

• sts2_7d779565e7sts2_7d779565e7 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    chohole said:
    Exporting meshes from a game could be considered as breaking the game manufacturers EULA.

It does, but unlike most other 3D companies, game companies know that the EULA isn't worth the "paper" it's written on, they have to decide what's best for their company, spend a fortune prosecuting moders and get peanuts back, or ignore (and in some cases help) them knowing that if the moders are good then your games shelf life will have been extended, which means more sales.

In a nutshell, as long as you don't profit from their work they don't really care, try and make money and they'll drop on you like a ton of bricks.

You're right I guess. After all GMod have models from many different games and I didn't heard any complains from them about that (ofc I don't have direct concact to any :P). Same with XNALara. Homemade program for posing models from games (first idea was for TR: Underworld models, but community spreaded the data center ;))

And I really doubt I'll share it. Since sculpting is real hard one for me.