Request for copy/paste textures to be added to surfaces contextual menu

StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49747

if anyone wants to add a comment to this request I'm trying to get Daz3d to consider a feature to shorten the steps necessary for copy and paste of textures down from 6 steps which require multiple clicking and dragging down to a process of 4 steps with far less clicking and dragging by having copy and paste textures added to the surface tools contextual menu.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Humm I find it easy do to to it from the Surfaces Pane. Just right click on the surface and choose Copy and the same with Paste. Two clicks and it is done, 3 if you count opening the Surfaces Pane but I always have that open. :)

Copy_Surface.jpg
    464 x 341 - 110K
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

I'm doing on the surface of the model, and across two monitors.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I'm confused. Copy and paste is already on the surface contextual menu. Or am I missing something?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I'm confused. Copy and paste is already on the surface contextual menu. Or am I missing something?

It has been... I've been using it since almost day one that i had DS4...

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Confused as well, not really needed from my point of view. First of all it is relatively quickly available via surfaces tab context menu, second one can add a keyboard shortcut if one is really in a hurry.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

so you can select a surface with the surface tool, right click and see a copy function?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

so you can select a surface with the surface tool, right click and see a copy function?

No, I'll admit I don't have that function. Still, I only really use the surface selection tool when trying to discover which parts of a model map to which surfaces. When actually dealing with materials I find it far easier and quicker to simply open up the surfaces tab and select them directly. That way there's no need to concern myself with ensuring the camera is in the right position to select a particular part of the model and I can easily copy/paste using the right-click menu.