Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

1222324252628»

Comments

• yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 310

Yes, I understand that there has to be a difference of lighning, but I don't find what it is... Is it possible that a new light would have been created by mistake and would not appear in the scene pane?
    I don't see anything strange in the environnement too. Could a light come from somewhere else?

Thank you in advance!

• JessieJessie Posts: 42
    edited July 20

Is there anyway to match skin tones with this? This is a skin texture map for a character from a video game and I'm trying to recreate them in daz. Need to do the skin first and I'm wondering if doing that is possible with SB8

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

Please don't post texture maps from anything, unless permission has been given by the owners (or they are open source).

Photoshop, and I imagine other editors though it isn't soemthing I have investigated, does have tools for tone-matching. I don't think the features are really available in DS to do it there (it is possible to get the colour values, as I recall, but any processing to match colours would then have to be done in the tool which could be pretty demanding).

• drucdruc Posts: 409

Zev0, I am disappointented to read some of the comments here. I have purchased many of your products and will continue to purchase products I think will be useful to me. Some products I have purchased from other vendors have NO user manuals, no read me files, nothing to assist with how to use the products.

I do have questions about Skin Builder 8. I see is yuyu.atem posted an image with no eye browes, how is this done? Skin Builder 8 requires a figure in the scene. Does Skin Builder add to this texture, or does it use the textures supplied with the product? Is there an option for no eye browes? There are so many fibre mesh eye browes now, I woud prefer to use them.

I bought this several years ago, when I was only able to render in 3DL. Now, about 2 years ago, I upgraded my PC and can now render in Iray, so I am re-visiting stuff I haven't used in a while. 

edited July 25

As an aside, there is a product being sold on daz3d.com that will add UVs for G8F and G8M to their oposites, so G8M can use G8F textures for example. Create your G8F texture, then apply to G8M. Works well for me, with both G8 and G8.1

Post edited by druc on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,071
    edited July 25

druc said:

Zev0, I am disappointented to read some of the comments here. I have purchased many of your products and will continue to purchase products I think will be useful to me. Some products I have purchased from other vendors have NO user manuals, no read me files, nothing to assist with how to use the products.

I do have questions about Skin Builder 8. I see is yuyu.atem posted an image with no eye browes, how is this done? Skin Builder 8 requires a figure in the scene. Does Skin Builder add to this texture, or does it use the textures supplied with the product? Is there an option for no eye browes? There are so many fibre mesh eye browes now, I woud prefer to use them.

I bought this several years ago, when I was only able to render in 3DL. Now, about 2 years ago, I upgraded my PC and can now render in Iray, so I am re-visiting stuff I haven't used in a while. 

Hi. In the product you will see all the base textures provided with the product do not have eyebrows and there is a separate tab to add some in. If you want to remove them on a skin not provided from the product there is a seperate product called Brow Remover.

Manuals......People have very specific questions that a manual can never address regarding this product. This is why there is a support thread like this instead. The product also comes with a user guide that covers the basics.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Thanks Zev0. You never disapoint.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,071

NP and thanks for the support.yes

• Endlessdescent said:

Seems to be an incompatibility with skin textures from "Addy" models, leaves a seam around the shoulder, neck and armpit. Applying full tanline to generic Gen 8 had no problems. Other figures such as SASE, no problems. Only seems to be Addy which are 2 of my characters crying

Hello ! I know this post is quit old now but, facing the same problem myself recently, I managed to find why it is happening with the Addy brand characters, (and maybe other brands as well if they create their skin in the same way as "Addy").

The cause is very simple... The standarized resolution of textures/images created in the whole 3D industry, (and beyond), work conventionaly with a multiple of "2" and starting from "2". It mean :

2x1=2, 2x2=4, 2x4=8, 16, 32,......, 1024, 2048, 4096, etc...

Of course, this is how it work with Genesis 8 character textures created by most of the Daz merchants. (Mostly 4096x4096p size, like all the textures used in Skin Builder 8, by the way).

The problem with Addy brand character is that all their textures are 4000x4000p.

So, we have two options to fix this :

1. Upsizing ourselves all the Addy textures from 4000x4000 to 4096x4096. (Smart option).

2. Using the "Layered Image Editor", adding "color layer", adding "image mask" to the "color layer", choosing the mask we need from the "SkinBuilderG8MR" folder, then select the "mask layer" and downsize from "x Scale 100%" to "x Scale 97.66%" and doing the same for "Y Scale". Doing it for all Base color, Transluency color, SSS, Bump, Normal map etc...and doint it for all the body parts. (Most tedious option...I don't ever know why I'm proposing it ! frown But it is how I managed to find that it was because of the 4000x4000p resolution of all the "Addy" base textures skin).

I hope this information will help any futur person.

Bye bye :)