Show off your dForce: Genesis 8 Starter essentials just got over 3 Dozen free animations

Yup, you read that right.  We just rolled out an update to the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials  (You should be able to find it in DIM, Connect, or through your Product Library https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_42071).  

dForce adds the exciting new ability to have cloth and clothing drape and react to movement and wind. What better way to see that movement than to have your figure moving?

Happy Halloween, and enjoy! :)

Comments

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited October 2017

Cool. Gonna check this out later.

Post edited by y3kman on
  • FYI to all, we rushed to get these out to you for Halloween, so a few of them still need a smidge tweaking.  Expect to see the pack tuned up a bit in coming days (plus a lot more animations in the store soon.)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

yes

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Thanks, we appreciate the treat.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

More cloth explosions. sad

If I do it frame by frame, the cloth sim is fine though. I guess I'll just make a series of images and convert them as a movie.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Yes, that is generous and it will encorage people to use dForce. I want to but have been put off by the experience with the beta - lots of crashes and exploding garments. So I'm waiting for a more stable version, hopefully soon. I have, however, updated to 4.10 so it is installed and waiting for further updates.

• y3kman said:

More cloth explosions. sad

If I do it frame by frame, the cloth sim is fine though. I guess I'll just make a series of images and convert them as a movie.

Perhaps try increasing the Subframes or Iterations per Subframe settings in Simulation Settings, to give the cloth more time to settle against the current pose before the figure moves on to the next frame?

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Thank you!!!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

Very thoughtful. Happy Halloween to you too!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Very cool thank you! 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,256

It doesn't appear to be available through manual download. Nothing is in the G8 starter essentials that wasn't there before.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited October 2017

yeah I searched too and unzipped my DIM downloaded zip even

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited October 2017

I just downloaded by DIM, and found the animations in the aniblocks... Thank you! smiley

animations.JPG
    625 x 862 - 98K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,871

That's awesome - thanks! smiley

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Why does one have to sign a "End User License Agreement" first? It won't even let me log onto DIM without signing it. What's been added/changed with the End User License Agreement?

edited October 2017

Just some accidential (or not) pre-release of the commercial 3D figure print license snafu: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2983231/#Comment_2983231

You'll probably have to reconfirm the EULA again shortly.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,471
    edited October 2017

Here is the offical thread....... Edit: oops

Post edited by frank0314 on

Your link loops to this thread, Frank...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,471

lol oops. I thought this was a separate thread. My bad

edited October 2017

Can't verify my account ... 

EDIT - OK - if I go to my account via the browser rather than clicking the response box in DIM, then I can accept the EULA manually and DIM works afterwards.

Capture.JPG
    1710 x 599 - 173K
    Post edited by marble on
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    JOdel said:

It doesn't appear to be available through manual download. Nothing is in the G8 starter essentials that wasn't there before.

manual ld'd just now, the new aniBlocks are in the G8F starter essentials

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I assume we just need to re-download the female starter essentials since there aren't any male dforce outfits?

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2017

Yep, sapat.

Steve, Thank you!! I look forward to more animations. These work well!

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • Are these actually animations, or is it poses that can be used in stills?

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    edited November 2017

They are animations, that can be used to save out any number of poses to use in stills. Yeah.

Post edited by Pack58 on
  • mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

Dforce is so really cool! And these animations are great! Thanks @Daz_steve!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,256
    edited November 2017

Okay, where are they? There isn't anything about clothing sims in any of these. And there are no aniBlocks in  the G8M Starter Esserntials at all.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.21.52 PM.png
    667 x 368 - 85K
    Post edited by JOdel on

Any chance these animations will work with G3F? I have no G8 characters at all.

• RainbowArtistRainbowArtist Posts: 101
    edited November 2017
    marble said:

Any chance these animations will work with G3F? I have no G8 characters at all.

The short answer is no.

From my quick test, the G8F aniblocks don't behave the same when applied to a G3F. There is a strange scaling down and up effect on a G3F figure. and even stranger sliding flying effect when you try a Genesis 1 or V4 figure. Obviously due to the different bone structures.

Maybe an animation coverter will help.

It would have been nicer if  the G8F aniblocks had been delivered in their own folder rather than thrown in with the older incompatible ones.  Altho I guess users can do that for themselves to make for an easier workflow.

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited November 2017
    JOdel said:

Okay, where are they? There isn't anything about clothing sims in any of these. And there are no aniBlocks in  the G8M Starter Esserntials at all.

Inside of the subfolders for Dance, Expression, etc.

They are just the G8 versions of various of the moves already in existance for the other generations. But you can use them in any simulation, of course.