Yay! An updated 'classic' Biker Jacket finally! But for girls... Still, thanks BadKitten Co!

tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
edited May 2018 in The Commons

Sooo, looking at today's sale, and I see this:

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-biker-gear-two-for-genesis-8-females

Yep, a Classic biker jacket!  One that is practical no less.  I even own a jacket very similar to this one in RL (which I need to get relined, but that's another story).  We had a request thread for something like this a while ago...

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176311/classic-biker-jacket

Specifically, referring to this design:

Anyways, comparing the new BadKitten jacket to my (male RL) biker jacket, the major differences I'm seeing is a narrower belt, mine has zippers at the base of the sleeves, as well as the snaps, and mine has a couple more  pockets to put stuff in (at hand/waist level) (similar to second pic, but zips are angled a bit more).  Also, as in the second pic, mine has waist adjust snap straps as well as the main belt around the waist.

Overall, other than it being a female version, BadKitten's classic jacket Mk II is quite close.  The only major compaint I can think of is that I don't believe the BadKitten jacket opens (not seeing any jacket open morphs on the morph list, or any open jacket shots in the promo pics), but morph wise that might have been a bit of a challenge due to the way this jacket style overlaps when it is zipped up.

I've since (personally in RL) went the armored (sport bike) jacket route, but I'm really glad to finally see an updated take on this jacket style.  The M4 one was a bit dated...

Anyways, thanks BadKitten Co for this gem!!!.  Hopefully BadKitten Co will consider doing a 'boxier' (less curvy) version of this jacket style for males.  This might autofit OK in the meantime...

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573

Too bad there is no male version. I passed on it.... But would’ve bought it if there was a man’s version.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Want for male too. :(

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited May 2018

Also, loving the Engineer Boots.  I'd love to see a male version of those too!  My steel toed ones don't have the strap at the top (no need for said straps), but, strap aside, the BadKitten ones look quite 'authentic' (I'm sure there's a RL version out there with the strap at the top, as a style option).  A male version of those boots would also be awesome!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,915

Snapped this up immediately.

Stylish, functional, and not scanty.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

There's a nice  Leather Jacket by Exnem at Rendo... though it's made for G3F it works fine with my G8M figure I wanted it for. The "look" is saying "male biker jacket" anyway...

And it comes in one "Zippers up" and nine "Zippers down, different states of open jacket" versions - all in one.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

Yes, I would have bought this had they done a dual outfit - one male & one female but female only? Sadly everytime I've seen a female on a motor bike they are in cutoff jeans and a halter top. Really makes me cringe.

This is a common look for men. Would’ve liked to have it. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited May 2018

Comes in pink too. Best viewed full size

BIKER GRIL GEAR2.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 492K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Comes in pink too. Best viewed full size

looks great!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks!

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430

Yes, I would have bought this had they done a dual outfit - one male & one female but female only? Sadly everytime I've seen a female on a motor bike they are in cutoff jeans and a halter top. Really makes me cringe.

I saw two girls in real life, riding big sport bikes, wearing only short shorts, tennis shoes, and tube tops...and a helmet.  Im as happy as anyone to see a beautiful scantily clad young lady...but in this case, I was more concerned for them than attracted.  I cringed to think about how badly injured they could be, even at a very low speed lay down...let alone a crash.  Even a minor spill can cause horrible road rash.  Why risk it just to look sexy?  Professional riders wear full leathers and armor.  Yet, these two young girls, cruise around on over powered bikes, basically naked.

edited May 2018

I saw two girls in real life, riding big sport bikes, wearing only short shorts, tennis shoes, and tube tops...and a helmet.  Im as happy as anyone to see a beautiful scantily clad young lady...but in this case, I was more concerned for them than attracted.  I cringed to think about how badly injured they could be, even at a very low speed lay down...let alone a crash.  Even a minor spill can cause horrible road rash.  Why risk it just to look sexy?  Professional riders wear full leathers and armor.  Yet, these two young girls, cruise around on over powered bikes, basically naked.

While i get the whole skimpwear thing and how it supposedly sells better in the Daz store, as a seasoned rider, this is what I find sexy...

Still waiting on a 'full on ATGATT' sportbike babe outfit in the store, that doesn't compromise on armor pads, etc...

biker_gal_atgatt.jpg
    640 x 640 - 159K
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

While i get the whole skimpwear thing and how it supposedly sells better in the Daz store, as a seasoned rider, this is what I find sexy...

Yeah, that bike looks really sexy.. wink

Note that the skirt is a separate clothing item, so it's fairly easy to use some other pair of pants, if that's what you want.

Still waiting on a 'full on ATGATT' sportbike babe outfit in the store, that doesn't compromise on armor pads, etc...

Well, tha'ts an improvement, but they have materials for those biking suits now through that are like a puffed up kevlar or something, so much more protection than leather, especially that thin a leather, against strawberrys and padding like in a helmet but in the suit itself.... laugh

(snip)

Well, tha'ts an improvement, but they have materials for those biking suits now through that are like a puffed up kevlar or something, so much more protection than leather, especially that thin a leather, against strawberrys and padding like in a helmet but in the suit itself.... laugh

Yes I know, I've ridden with a few sport biker babes in group rides.  Hence my mentioning of armor pads (which are often sewn into the jacket, and pants), etc.  And ablative padding, that's what I was also wanting to articulate earlier as well, I couldn't think of how to succinctly explain the 'knobby bits'... My riding gloves have these on the knuckles. 

My gear served me well when I took a spill at speed... I was sore in a few spots for a few days, and had a broken wrist that needed mending, but it could have been MUCH worse.  My helmet visor looked like someone had taken a cheese grater to it (asphalt does that...), but my face remained fully intact.  The concussion wasn't much fun though.  The edges of the soles on my engineer boots were chewed up pretty good too... I was already rather religious about ATGATT before, this incident just helped  reinforce the 'why'.  But I digress...

One must be mindful of target fixation when the gal riding in front of you is wearing (armored) riding pants that fit her like a glove... The Harley guys have this same problem with those gals wearing tight fitting leathers (even with full coverage)...

They even make Kevlar Jeans these days... of course, they usually dont have the ablative pads tacked on...

Back on topic, Sure, there is some kitbashing/mix and match of various Daz clothing items that you can do to try to replicate a decent riding suit, but it'd just be nice to just HAVE a well done sport biker suit (with 'generic' branding logos, etc), male or female, in the Daz store (or Renderosity, etc).  The footwear I've seen so far in the Daz store isn't 'tailor made' for sport bike riding, but the store is so vast these days, so I could have missed something of course...

(snip)

Yes I know, I've ridden with a few sport biker babes in group rides.  Hence my mentioning of armor pads (which are often sewn into the jacket, and pants), etc.  And ablative padding, that's what I was also wanting to articulate earlier as well, I couldn't think of how to succinctly explain the 'knobby bits'... My riding gloves have these on the knuckles. 

My gear served me well when I took a spill at speed... I was sore in a few spots for a few days, and had a broken wrist that needed mending, but it could have been MUCH worse.  My helmet visor looked like someone had taken a cheese grater to it (asphalt does that...), but my face remained fully intact.  The concussion wasn't much fun though.  The edges of the soles on my engineer boots were chewed up pretty good too... I was already rather religious about ATGATT before, this incident just helped  reinforce the 'why'.  But I digress...

One must be mindful of target fixation when the gal riding in front of you is wearing (armored) riding pants that fit her like a glove... The Harley guys have this same problem with those gals wearing tight fitting leathers (even with full coverage)...

They even make Kevlar Jeans these days... of course, they usually dont have the ablative pads tacked on...

Back on topic, Sure, there is some kitbashing/mix and match of various Daz clothing items that you can do to try to replicate a decent riding suit, but it'd just be nice to just HAVE a well done sport biker suit (with 'generic' branding logos, etc), male or female, in the Daz store (or Renderosity, etc).  The footwear I've seen so far in the Daz store isn't 'tailor made' for sport bike riding, but the store is so vast these days, so I could have missed something of course...

Sorry about your accident. From the ages of 4 - 13 I was given rides occasionally by men on their motor bikes and at 13 I started riding one myself. Well, when I started driving one myself it didn't take long til that motorbike was confisticated so that was the end of that. laugh I've never actually known but one woman my entire life that actually rode a motor bike though. It's not so common, not that it's forbidden. It's their choice not to drive motorbikes.

(snip)

Sorry about your accident. From the ages of 4 - 13 I was given rides occasionally by men on their motor bikes and at 13 I started riding one myself. Well, when I started driving one myself it didn't take long til that motorbike was confisticated so that was the end of that. laugh I've never actually known but one woman my entire life that actually rode a motor bike though. It's not so common, not that it's forbidden. It's their choice not to drive motorbikes.

Nothing to be sorry about.  I lived to ride another day, no complaints.  Mainly I just like to share my experience as a 'case study' r.e. why ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) is a good thing to do.

Lady riders are more common these days I think (14% of motorcycle owners were female as of 2014), but overall I think riders have a bit more to be mindful of these days.  Distracted Driving is more prevalent now, and bikes are easier to miss visually than cages.  Far too many riders end up t-boning some person making a sudden left turn right in front of them, and then there's the sudden lane changes...

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

Looks like they suggest you get the other set too. which has pants. 

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-biker-gear-for-genesis-8-females

Put this together with a number of tweaks.

First, to keep texture load light, I replaced most of the leather with Mec4D's leather shader (also helps make jacket and pants consistent).

I removed the skirt, used Vigilante for G3F pants (with Mec4D leather)

RIDE FASTER3.jpg
    848 x 1000 - 315K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Oso3D said:

Put this together with a number of tweaks.

First, to keep texture load light, I replaced most of the leather with Mec4D's leather shader (also helps make jacket and pants consistent).

Looks good. Is it just me, or does she have an I-think-I-just-swallowed-a-bug expression...?   wink

edited May 2018

It's actually a promo for something I'm working on, and she's fleeing something off-screen to the right. Good catch. ;)

I was going for fear, but 'gak, bug' works...

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,982
    edited May 2018

So, this image looks like it's open, but the rest of the page does not obviously indicate it opens. Is this via included morphs, or is this some clever posing for the image?

**Bah, it's the other jacket isn't it? Nevermind then frown

Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
    edited May 2018

OK, for those that were wondering how the Biker Jacket and the Engineer Boots from this set would look on a G8M...

It took a bit of fiddling with scaling and such though, such as around the wrists and in the chest area.  Getting the boots 'underneath' the pants was fun too.  I didn't have any G8M leather pants, so I made do with the Time Soldier pants for now.  I borrowed the gloves from G8F as well (Fashion Falcon Gloves).  I also did some scaling on the torso length, nudging the lower abdomen down and the upper abdomen up to get better belly coverage...

The Arm Cuffs are weird... You can't close them, and they seem to have issues with bending, at least on G8M.

The boots took a bit of fiddling too.

The jacket has a few adjustment morphs (such as widening the abdomen area), several of which that I ended up maxing out.  And to confirm, the jacket doesn't open (I'm not seeing morphs for that) although you can play around with the collar flap angles.

In short, yeah, doesn't look bad at all on the G8M, but be prepared to fiddle around with dials, or use other methods to get the fit looking a little better..

G8F_Bike1.jpg
    1275 x 1080 - 232K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,151

Specifically, referring to this design:

Hubby was wearing a jacket nearly identical to this the day we met. :) Long time ago....he'd look kinda silly in it now (and don't think he could get it zipped up either....lmao).​

FWIW, I'd love a male version of the jacket also, but I tend not to beg for male stuff anymore because it falls on deaf ears *sigh*.

Laurie

When I have trouble with fits, I sometimes prefer not to bother using autofit at all and just pose/scale. Doesn't always work, but sometimes you have more ability to control distortions.

I assume this won't dForce well, given stuff like zippers.

When you pose something without a person in it are you clicking on say... the arms and attempting to move it that way.? Lately I’ve been putting difficult to fit clothing on the old generation character making them invisible and duplicating the pose of the later generation character so the clothing is in the right place on the old character but layered over the newer figure. It works in fiddle bits like ties.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,670

I wish we could go back in time and that this was released for GM8 only. Would be interesting to see the response from there not being a female version, LOL hopefully it is selling well so that maybe she can invest the time in a male version. buying the female version also might also help in that investment, just saying.

I think the jacket and helmet should be fairly easy to fit to Genesis 8 male as long as there isn’t the cup effect around the chest.   I don’t  have any use for a female version though,  But for a leather bar or biker  guy the jacket looks perfect, if there was a fit for the jacket alone I’d buy the female version.

Serene: I usually copy a figure pose, past it to the clothing. Then I adjust limbs by node and whatnot to get it mostly right. Then I usually have to click 'show hidden' so I can adjust scaling perpendicular to the flow of the joints (unless I really want longer arms and whatnot).

It can be timeconsuming or difficult, but with experience you can learn when it's going to be more likely to get you the results you want.

An invisible other-generation figure is also a good approach, because you can adjust morphs and whatnot to try to get the right effect.