Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VII

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Thank you very much Robert :)

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited September 2019

Ha! Animation... that was pretty good!

One of these days, I'll figure out how to do some animated work.

Another test render for me. Trying different outfits on a figure that I already like.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Great animation @Ivy! That must be so much work, thank you for sharing.

Thank you very much @The Blurst of Times  &  @xmasrose (aka tulipe) , I use daz 4.12 to make this as a experiment to see how the improvements in the daz beta were  and it was a rocket ship rendering  took 16 days, &  the built in denoiser is a real blessing for rendering in beta

16 days! Wow! How long to set it up?

I have a pretty fast work flow and it helps 2 desk top computers now attached to a external gpu box holding 2 gtx 1080ti gpus so when one of the machines are rendering I am building scenes and hdr's setting up for the next scene render. i pre render my back grounds first and convert them into 1/4 pane hdr in Photoshop . this was a first time doing animation this way and that is how i was achieving as fast as 12 seconds a frame rendering them in 1080dpi its a little trick i learned from a old friend that makes video games environments for edios interactive . I'm always picking those guys brains for tips when ever i can.  the animations part comes easy. ive been doing it for so long , I also used deforce modifiers for Karate girls pony tail which was OOTs Linda pony tail and its a conforming hair piece i just deforce the pony tail part though trying to make it more dynamic.  i was going for a anime style animation I was not trying to achieve photorealistic, those type animations are very unforgiving to make 

Thank you for the info @Ivy.

You make it look like it's easy, but I tried making very very short anim in Carrara years ago and it wasn't that easy (at least to me), and later when I tried in DS it was even worse.

So congratulations!

edited September 2019

Hi xmasrose (aka tulipe), Thank you for the very nice compliment

I guess its all what your use to doing. I love rendering art with daz   I've been using daz for a long time and got bored using it for just still renders and use to make short animation in flash for websites back in the day and i kind of start out using those old adobe technics in poser then finely graduated into daz studio, I learn fast by watching and listen to others and asking tons of questions ...lol  Now I actually have a much better understanding of doing animation where i actually have a developed whole unique work flow for daz , which is all i use now days to make these animations .   I could never grasp Carrara pro either blush

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,956

Applying my thicket for G8M materials on the new dForce hair for AM's bear! Woo!

Thicket bear.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 575K
    Oso3D said:

Applying my thicket for G8M materials on the new dForce hair for AM's bear! Woo!

wow is that something your going to sell Will? , I bet that thicket would make a killa moss is it a strand base hair mat like for the bear? or standalone add on?

edited September 2019

Heh, it's already out!

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-thicket-for-genesis-8-male

It's a dForce Hair item for G8M, but the shaders and presets can (with a little tweaking) be used on just about anything else that has dForce hair.

I have plans for a number of thicket products that are cross compatible, so that you can take shaders from one to use on another. We'll see how much interest the market bears.

Post edited by Oso3D on

Thanks  Will,  I must have missed it the store.when it was released.  I wishlist it until i get paid   smiley it looks great . I love the effect it gives. how is it on memory or resources?

I have not much luck animating deforce hair out of the box though .I get this appearance of falling it out if I try to use it in long running sequences (over 60 keyframes) on the timeline.  but its funny that i can take some conforming hair sets and add deforce dynamic surface modifier to it with pretty good results, maybe because of the geometry I'm not sure,  i usually just do it for pony tails & long bangs.

It's pretty decent, since the hair count is low because each 'hair' is, well, huge.

Like, with oso lechuza I had to bump up hair count to 100-500 per cm2 or something. With thicket, it's more like .25-1.

Granted, the hairs are longer and 3 sided, but even then it's probably a small fraction of the hit most hairs have.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

Cyberpunk Biker

Cyberpunk: 2077 Biker by tkdrobert

tkdrobert said:

Cyberpunk Biker

isn't that bike great? . nice job on the render Robert

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

Sci fi & pets

103.png
    1860 x 950 - 2M
  • mavantemavante Posts: 734
    edited September 2019
    Visuimag said:

Love making indoor scenes!

How did you do the neon lighting? Trade secret? It looks like it might be exactly what I need to fix a very tricking lighting problem.

Beautiful job in any case.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    Ivy said:
    tkdrobert said:

Cyberpunk Biker

isn't that bike great? . nice job on the render Robert

Yeah the bike is sweet.  I still can't beleive it's free. I'll be using it a lot.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I don't do SciFi themed renders very often, but I wanted to put the Mokie plush toy into an unusual situation. I ended up with this:

What Are You?

What Are You?

I used Skin Builder 3 to add the veins to the materials and SloshWerks' newest ColorWerks product, (part of the PA Festival,) to color the toy's mane blue and yellow. A full list of products used and the full-size image can be viewed from the Gallery page, here.

@L'Adair This is a wonderful image! You should do more sci-fi! It is both cute and different! I like the other alien in the background.

edited September 2019

Thank you, xmasrose. blush

ETA: I featured the image in L'Adair's Kitchen, here, if you're interested. wink

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited September 2019

Redoing one of the first images I ever posted in my Daz gallery...

@XpiderMan, the redo looks really good.

• Thanks, L'Adair.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2019

When I realised that the Toddler Twins For Genesis 8 were a little larger than real toddlers when loaded into Daz, I did this scene to poke harmless fun at it.

"Would you say this toddler was a might.... big...?"

:D :D

(Gallery picture is over here...)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,099

He's Out There Somewhere.

Click on image for full size.

• Fishtales said:

Click on image for full size.

Wow. Reminds me on Kris Kristofferson... 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,099

Wow. Reminds me on Kris Kristofferson... 

He does a bit. I never noticed that 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

When I realised that the Toddler Twins For Genesis 8 were a little larger than real toddlers when loaded into Daz, I did this scene to poke harmless fun at it.

"Would you say this toddler was a might.... big...?"

:D :D

(Gallery picture is over here...)

Tis funny but you have to admit, the over all appearance of the twins is pretty nice.  Nothing to complain about besides the height factor!  

• Genesis 2 still looks pretty darn good, I think.

No post work on this. Just a straight up render with default lights.

All Genesis 2 stuff, converted to Iray. What you see is what Iray produced from that conversion work... no GIMP tricks at all this time.

This discussion has been closed.