Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VII

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

This was my attempt at having a scene with quite a few characters.  Needless to say, it would not render out on my GPU, I only have a single GTX 1060, so 6GB of VRAM just would not cut it.  It was more of a test to see how long a large scene would take with just the CPU.  This was about 5 hours to reach 2,000 max samples if I remember correctly.

Amusing

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,095
    edited September 2019

Romantic Evening

2019-09-22 10:45:46.067 Total Rendering Time: 1 days 14 minutes 29.41 seconds

Studio 4.12 Spectral Filter 92% done

Click on image for full size.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited October 2019

Bernabe

Post edited by Chohole on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

The Saleswoman

The Saleswoman, by L'Adair

I whipped this together yesterday, to "visualize" a comment I made about "atmosphere" in a post here, in my Art Studio thread, L'Adair's Kitchen.

Have you ever walked into a store and immediately felt like everyone was looking at you? As if you didn't belong in the store because your appearance didn't fit their idea of "appropriate"? Even though the salespeople still treated you with every courtesy, you felt like they were looking down their noses at you? Yeah. That's the "atmosphere" I was trying to capture with this image. I did elongate the face and make the nose a good deal more prominent than the original, Dorothea for Edie 8. Isn't her skin wonderful? Right down to the overlarge pores on her nose…(Reminds me of noses on a number of relatives who have long since passed.)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,303
    L'Adair said:

The Saleswoman

I whipped this together yesterday, to "visualize" a comment I made about "atmosphere" in a post here, in my Art Studio thread, L'Adair's Kitchen.

Have you ever walked into a store and immediately felt like everyone was looking at you? As if you didn't belong in the store because your appearance didn't fit their idea of "appropriate"? Even though the salespeople still treated you with every courtesy, you felt like they were looking down their noses at you? Yeah. That's the "atmosphere" I was trying to capture with this image. I did elongate the face and make the nose a good deal more prominent than the original, Dorothea for Edie 8. Isn't her skin wonderful? Right down to the overlarge pores on her nose…(Reminds me of noses on a number of relatives who have long since passed.)

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    L'Adair said:

The Saleswoman

Great image and love your narrative too!!

I've found the perfect way to avoid that feeling .... buy clothes at WalMart surprise

edited October 2019
    DustRider said:
    L'Adair said:

The Saleswoman

I've found the perfect way to avoid that feeling .... buy clothes at WalMart surprise

Me, too. I buy my tshirts in bulk… online!

But I admit, I haven't set foot in a fancy store in a couple of decades. I think Costco is the most "high-end" I get.
    laugh

(Thank you, too.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'Adair said:
    DustRider said:
    L'Adair said:

The Saleswoman

Me, too. I buy my tshirts in bulk… online!

But I admit, I haven't set foot in a fancy store in a couple of decades. I think Costco is the most "high-end" I get.
    laugh

(Thank you, too.)

I agree nice image

If Lowes, HomeDepot, Petsmart, Sams, or Costco don't have it I get it online and sometimes even if they do have it I get it online

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

Thought someone might find this render interesting.

Image Title: Moving On ....

"Sahel is both looking forward to, and a bit nervous about, moving on. We all have to move forward in life, and sometimes that means leaving the comfort of where we currently are."

More info on the image can be found in my gallery here: Galley Link

Thank you, Robert. smiley

@DustRider, I like your image very much. The pose… the expression… the outfit… Just wonderful. And I love the bit of fog on the ground, too.

• tkdrobert said:

This was my attempt at having a scene with quite a few characters.  Needless to say, it would not render out on my GPU, I only have a single GTX 1060, so 6GB of VRAM just would not cut it.  It was more of a test to see how long a large scene would take with just the CPU.  This was about 5 hours to reach 2,000 max samples if I remember correctly.

Amusing

Yeah, that one made me LOL.  Love it!  :D

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited October 2019

Continuting with my cover series... Jelena

Post edited by Chohole on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited October 2019

Prepping for takoff and si fi military room

145.png
    1860 x 950 - 2M
    146.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    150.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    Post edited by Bobvan on

Guardian Mecha Mk IV

Guadian Mecha Mk IV by tkdrobert

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,095

Some fun with Creech.

2019-09-29 16:08:09.241 Total Rendering Time: 43 minutes 36.83 seconds

Click on image for full size.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited October 2019

The Haunted House ~ #Gallery

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Beautiful work !!!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    Ivy said:

Beautiful work !!!

Thank you very much @Midnight_stories smiley

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

Test subjects

157.png
    1860 x 950 - 2M
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,179
    edited October 2019

Here's my little contribution:

Waiting for Hair.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 986K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Heart of Winter

Heart Of Winter, by L'Adair

(Original is 4700 x 2000, and can be viewed from the gallery page, here.)

• L'Adair said:

Heart of Winter

Heart Of Winter, by L'Adair

Very nice

Thank you, Robert.
    smiley

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

• dragotx said:

Very nice lighting in this one !

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564
    L'Adair said:

Heart of Winter

Really nice work L'Adair!

edited October 2019
    dragotx said:

Very nice lighting in this one !

Thanks!  It's exclusively lit with the flares from this: https://www.daz3d.com/digi-flare-for-iray and the lights on the Gate itself from https://www.daz3d.com/high-mountain-portal. ; Another one lit with just the flare is

Post edited by dragotx on

Thank you, @Rafmer. blush

@dragotx, The lighting of the portal image is stunning. The second image is too dark to be appreciated in the post format. But viewing the image in a separate tab, full-screen, (F11,) and then full-size…! What a treat. And scary as h3ll. A perfect scene for October!

L'Adair said:

Thank you, @Rafmer. blush

@dragotx, The lighting of the portal image is stunning. The second image is too dark to be appreciated in the post format. But viewing the image in a separate tab, full-screen, (F11,) and then full-size…! What a treat. And scary as h3ll. A perfect scene for October!

Thanks!  I am quite proud of how both of them turned out :D

Terminator: Resistance Fighters:

Terminator: Resistance Fighters by tkdrobert

This discussion has been closed.