Woo Woo! for Mr. Woo!

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

@scorpio : this is an awesome way to use Mr. Woo and mix in other morphs! looks like a totally different character, kudos! ^^

Thank you.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Anyone having trouble with the fit of the sweater vest outfit? The shoulders of the shirt, and pants seem to poof out.... it looks like this set required simulation to fit properly... I like dforce but want the option not to have to use it...

I'm not having any problems with the fit either, except a bit of poke through on the pocket of the trousers.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Thanks Divamakeup. Yes you are right.   I forgot about all those $1.99 goody i picked up &  yesturday when i picked up Mr Woo pro bundle & the add ons  I could not believe all that content came to $65 . I could not pass it up. I think I got Mrs Chow pro bundle for $57 the same way buying all the add-on, it really compounded the discounts .

Ivy said:

been the best March madness sale i can remember in a long time.

and Karate Girl finely has a mom and dad

I agree - with so many PA stores on sale I was able to knock out quite a bit from my wish list. And many of the new items have been great too. :) All in all I think the sale was quite enjoyable and I got a lot of great content over the past month.

With all the $1.99 items, the super deep discounts on the "Bonus Buyer" items, the fun freebie dFlatable Donkey, the fantastic Dragon Lady bundle, Mrs. Chow and Mr. Woo, and most of the PAs stores being on sale (so the opportunity to purchase products at a discount that rarely go on sale) - all in all the March Madness sale was great, imo! :)

Nice render, btw. I'm glad that Karate Girl finally has a mom and dad. :)

• AllenArt said:

I have Steely Dan going thru my head now...lol.

"Are you with me, Dr. Wu....are you really just a shadow....."

o.O

Laurie

Mr. Woo is definitely "reeling in the years".

•  

Just got word back from my tester - the On Vacation shirt update is now live. So in theory you ought to be able to redownload and have the button swapped over to the correct location.

My aplogies for missing this - I was making 4 sets at once and well, yeah. Little things sometiems get missed! but I do my best to get them sorted out as soon as somebody lets me know.  In the future, sending me a PM directly might be faster as I don't generally spend a lot of time in the forum. Too busy working!

(Also yesterday it was a moral imperative to go see the cherry blossoms here in DC, before we missed them again. Amazing!)

But as has already been pointed out in this thread, the buttons use the Rigid Follow Node technology, which means that altering the buttons is as simple as moving them over and resaving the werable preset for the shirt. For that matter if you ever find anbother button (or bow, or dangly string or whatever) which you like better you can parent those to the rigid follow nodes and they will follow along to the shirt just the same. Its magic :)

Lyrra

• Oh and for the person who was concerned about the side the buttons are on entirely - I checked a stack of hawaiian shirts online and by raiding the housemates wardrobe.  About 9 out of 10 were on this side. Don't ask me why! I thought it was odd as well. So I made the shirt to correspond to what I found. 

If this seriously bothers you the good news is the fix is pretty simple - as the buttons are rigid follow node, all you really need to do is make a single morph to swap the layering on the plackets and adjust the buttons on Z as needed. Save that as its own werable preset and then you will have both shirts to use.

About half the shirts had 'side vents' - the side seams open for about 4 inches above the hems. Theres already a vented one in the store so I went for unvented.

If you have other quesitons about any of the sets I ahve made for DAZ, remember you can always message me directly to ask.  

Lyrra

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997

Thank you for the update Lyrra, it's appreciated. Will check DIM later. I actually prefer no vents or short vents on me, so that worked out for me personally smiley . Glad you were able to make it to see the cherry blossoms too!

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,621
    edited April 2019
    scorpio said:

Anyone having trouble with the fit of the sweater vest outfit? The shoulders of the shirt, and pants seem to poof out.... it looks like this set required simulation to fit properly... I like dforce but want the option not to have to use it...

I'm not having any problems with the fit either, except a bit of poke through on the pocket of the trousers.

I'm definitely seeing the need to dforce it. here it is before and after on a slightly more muscular Michael 8 figure with minimal posing. The shoulders and pants are definitely poofy until it's dforced.

Before:

After:

before.png
    927 x 1500 - 1M
    after.png
    927 x 1500 - 977K
    Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 559

Button issue fixed.  Had an update when I checked DIM just now...

Problem sovled.

shirt.png
    600 x 800 - 811K
  • JET2003JET2003 Posts: 55
    edited April 2019

Mr. Woo is really great.

Post edited by JET2003 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600
    edited April 2019

scorpio said:

I think it depends on the characters base shape how pronounced the linebacker shoulders look. Without dforce the shirt looks blousey to me- almost like a genesis 3 import to Gen 8. It just looks toony without dforce. Men's shirts don't have this cut usually, and the cuffs and collar look off to me. It looks better with dforce.

dforce-none1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    dforce-none2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 263

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I'm loving the art renders! Lovely work, guys! :)

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687

I bought the pro bundle on the day of release, but work commitments have stopped me from trying him out until this morning.  What an excellent figure.

• MartialMartial Posts: 412
    scorpio said:
    Martial said:
    scorpio said:

​First render of Mr Woo

Mr Woo at 50-60%.

I like this caracter Thanks to share  Just a question : 50-60% of what??

Thank you.

It seems when I say I spun a few dials I may have been under stating; here are the dials I spun

MERCI Thanks

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,300
    edited April 2019

Truly amazing character - Mr Woo HD

MrWoo803pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 282K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,300
    edited April 2019

... or with a little longer eyelashes.

MrWoo804pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 286K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792
    edited April 2019

Yeah, I didn’t like his eyelashes and replaced them with Ollie’s... Much better IMHO. The ones that come with Woo are too clumpy. The one thing I don’t like about him, but of course easily changeable! Here he is with Ollie’s lashes.

6B4AD6DA-B061-484D-9B79-C09C0F1A298F.jpeg
    817 x 308 - 129K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618
    edited April 2019

Hello my dear DAZ Friends,

Mr Woo is awesome and I like all his images here.

I have made a render with him and the Shinto Shrine.

Mr Woo.jpg
    600 x 800 - 339K
    Post edited by Rieke77 on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Pei Mei - Sifu Hair & Beard

excellent render :)

Greybro said:

Pei Mei - Sifu Hair & Beard

Mr Chen

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,298
    edited April 2019

My first render with Mr Woo (out of the box, but with the low translucency setting)

Mr-Woo-OOB.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 361K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,298
    edited April 2019

And with Mrs Chow: Meet the Grandparents

Meet the Grandparents.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 523K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I bought the pro bundle on the day of release, but work commitments have stopped me from trying him out until this morning.  What an excellent figure.

Wow!! Awesome! Is that his default skin settings or did you do any tweaking to it?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,032
    edited April 2019

Unlike Mrs Chow where the scaling is messed up he dials up fine on Misty’s preset in Carrara too.

also unlike her Blended weight converted clothes fit him in Carrara too.

No renders to show yet sadly.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

Is anyone else having issues getting all items from the pro bundle to install? Traditional outfit, sweater vest, Show down, and the texture set for showdown all refuse from Dazstudio. I love this bundle and was lookingforward word to finally playing with it this weekend, but getting frustrated with it not wanting to install everything.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

HOW are you installing it?

Laurie

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    edited April 2019
    AllenArt said:

HOW are you installing it?

Laurie

From within Dazstudio, I think it's called connect. I logged out and closed the program and then reopened it, but the same 4 still wouldn't install. I'm trying Daz install manager now.

EDIT: the install manager worked.

Post edited by EJWorks on
  • IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

Mr Woo will do well in my runtime. I like him overall, except for the kind  of 'bobble-head' look with a large head and very narrow shoulders. When loaded at default, his head is at 3%+, so I dialed back to zero and his head looks better, to me. I like the extra trouble taken with the teeth work. I also got the HD for those nicely sculpted aged features.