Is the new DAZ CAT finally here???!!!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,149
    barbult said:

In my short experience with simulating the cat hair, it seems to mess up the eye and mouth area. I wish there were a way to simulate only portions of the hair, but I don't know a way. With dForce clothes, we could create a weight mat to control that. Is there something like the weight map control for dForce hair?

You could use the map Oso mentioned and add not Dforce self styled strand based hairs to parts you don’t want simulated. I don’t see any reason besides resources you couldn’t use both.

This is an interesting idea that I will have to consider. Thanks, Wendy. I'll have to investigate the maps to see if there is a way to hide part of the dForce hair or something, so I can add strand-based hair there. The tail is an area that bothers me, because the hairs do not follow the angle of the tail. They poke out perpendicular to the tail. I'm not a cat owner, but it seems wrong to me.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited July 2019
    RJGirl said:

Thanks to Oso and all the vendors who took time to update the Mil Cat :) I would still love a Cat 8 but I can wait a little longer lol  :)

@RJGirl How did you get the eyes to look like that? I just spent time trying to play with the pupils and all I can get are funcky weird looking pupils once you take limits off and with limits on, the pupils stay slitted (see attachment) I'd love to get this look you have in your render.

I thought I'd add my cat renders. I hadn't worked with the Milenium cat much, but I like the updates so far.

Calico Cat

Cat Walk

Those look great, @Knittingmommy! I'm curious if you ran a simulation on the white one? Since dForce hair can't really be styled, I wonder if doing so might get the hair to ley down a bit.

- Greg

Greg - Yes, the white cat had the simulation run, the calico cat did not. I can't really see the difference between running the simulation and not. I was kind of hoping for the fur to lay flatter but that didn't happen. I'm planning to play with the settings to see if I can get the hair to do something else under simulation. So far, I've only simulated the dForce fur under the default settings.

edit:
    @algovincian Thanks btw! Why do these forums have no like buttons?!!!!

@Odaa Thank you! I almost missed seeing that. 

DazHouseCatPupils.jpg
    2000 x 800 - 144K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,998

...banner says "last day".  

• RJGirlRJGirl Posts: 93

@Knittingmommy
    I added a layer over a copy of the texture source and just made rounded (feathered by 1) pupils...applied that to the Iris & Pupil in the Surfaces panel

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    RJGirl said:

@Knittingmommy
    I added a layer over a copy of the texture source and just made rounded (feathered by 1) pupils...applied that to the Iris & Pupil in the Surfaces panel

Ah, thanks. I figured you had probably played with the textures. I'll probably give that a try myself. Thanks!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,165
    edited July 2019

Mew Mew

Post edited by Ivy on

Ah, the iconic cat in a box. Well done!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,370
    edited July 2019

Quicky render. I didn't do anything with the surfaces or fur, just made some adjustments to the cat's shape with some of the cat morphs.

Daz House Cat Out of the Box 2.png
    800 x 1040 - 730K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,370
    RJGirl said:

Thanks to Oso and all the vendors who took time to update the Mil Cat :) I would still love a Cat 8 but I can wait a little longer lol  :)

@RJGirl How did you get the eyes to look like that? I just spent time trying to play with the pupils and all I can get are funcky weird looking pupils once you take limits off and with limits on, the pupils stay slitted (see attachment) I'd love to get this look you have in your render.

I thought I'd add my cat renders. I hadn't worked with the Milenium cat much, but I like the updates so far.

Calico Cat

Cat Walk

Those look great, @Knittingmommy! I'm curious if you ran a simulation on the white one? Since dForce hair can't really be styled, I wonder if doing so might get the hair to ley down a bit.

- Greg

Greg - Yes, the white cat had the simulation run, the calico cat did not. I can't really see the difference between running the simulation and not. I was kind of hoping for the fur to lay flatter but that didn't happen. I'm planning to play with the settings to see if I can get the hair to do something else under simulation. So far, I've only simulated the dForce fur under the default settings.

edit:
    @algovincian Thanks btw! Why do these forums have no like buttons?!!!!

@Odaa Thank you! I almost missed seeing that. 

An "easy fix" for getting round pupils is to go to the Surfaces Tab >> Pupil and just change the Base Color to black. It's not perfect but it looks decent in renders as long as it's not a close up. :)

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Four cats with their fur really taxed my computer, but this turned out okay, I think.

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742
    Odaa said:

Here's mine (and yes, I know this is not an authentic coat style for the Siamese breed, I just thought it looked cool).

Hair settings: inner ear hairs were made thinner at the base and grayer rather than near white. Main fur started out with the medium-long setting, then I swapped in the "white square" hair density map from the longest setting, increased hair density per square cm to 200 (looks like I could probably have stood to raise it to 300 or more, reduced PS Clumpiness 1 to 20% and PS Clumpiness 2 to 30% (this was what really made the difference along the cat's back and flanks). 

BTW, if strand based hair makes your computer struggle, run any dforce simulations BEFORE you start playing with hair density. I did it the other way round at one point and managed to crash DS.

Cat surface settings: Opacity on Whiskers was set down to 0.2, and greenish blue metallic flakes were added to the irises at a weight of 0.3 and a fairly low coverage. Not sure that either of those changes did much but they were made.

Thx for the tips, nice render

• VueiyVueiy Posts: 533

Anyone else having problems even loading the dForce hair...?  All I get is a gray bounding box, even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both with DIM and through Smart Content.  I've tried looking for any associated .obj files, but there don't seem to be any...

Vueiy said:

Anyone else having problems even loading the dForce hair...?  All I get is a gray bounding box, even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both with DIM and through Smart Content.  I've tried looking for any associated .obj files, but there don't seem to be any...

Are you using DS 4.11. or higher version?

• DarkRepastDarkRepast Posts: 223
    edited July 2019
    Xellosz said:
    Odaa said:

Here's mine (and yes, I know this is not an authentic coat style for the Siamese breed, I just thought it looked cool).

Hair settings: inner ear hairs were made thinner at the base and grayer rather than near white. Main fur started out with the medium-long setting, then I swapped in the "white square" hair density map from the longest setting, increased hair density per square cm to 200 (looks like I could probably have stood to raise it to 300 or more, reduced PS Clumpiness 1 to 20% and PS Clumpiness 2 to 30% (this was what really made the difference along the cat's back and flanks). 

BTW, if strand based hair makes your computer struggle, run any dforce simulations BEFORE you start playing with hair density. I did it the other way round at one point and managed to crash DS.

Cat surface settings: Opacity on Whiskers was set down to 0.2, and greenish blue metallic flakes were added to the irises at a weight of 0.3 and a fairly low coverage. Not sure that either of those changes did much but they were made.

Thx for the tips, nice render

I found the settings. That render is pretty amazing.

Post edited by DarkRepast on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,571
    barbult said:
    Vueiy said:

And have you installed the latest update of the dForce starter essentials? 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Another thing I notice missing, and pretty m

Quicky render. I didn't do anything with the surfaces or fur, just made some adjustments to the cat's shape with some of the cat morphs.

Nice job

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,179
    edited July 2019

I mostly like this cat, except for its paws and eyes. For the eyes, I ended up using eyeball props which I parented to each eye. Although in this render, I should've tweaked the eyes a bit more.

If any of you are curious, I used Arki's EYEdeas 3+ for V4 and M4, and applied the basic Iray shader to them.

Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,837

I

I mostly like this cat, except for its paws and eyes. For the eyes, I ended up using eyeball props which I parented to each eye. Although in this render, I should've tweaked the eyes a bit more.

If any of you are curious, I used Arki's EYEdeas 3+ for V4 and M4, and applied the basic Iray shader to them.

Looks great. I didn’t know you could use V4 eyes on the cat! 

• VueiyVueiy Posts: 533
    barbult said:
    Vueiy said:

Just checked: it's 4.10. Hadn't even noticed!  Thanks, that might be the problem, lol... TT^TT

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979
    edited July 2019

oh  could you possiblly expain  where you got the "prop eyes" or make them?

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited July 2019

My first attempt. Interesting but I have no idea what I'm doing. This (like evertything else) really needs instructions!

Cat 3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited July 2019

Well, I'm starting to see possibilities here although I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.... @Oso, is there any way you could create an add-on with separate fur sections for paws, tail, face, and chest tuft with a variety of presets and a PDF manual? I'd definitely buy that! laugh

Cat 5.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,179
    edited July 2019

@Wonderland I don't know the difference between the V4 eyes and the M4 eyes, besides them conforming to their respective figures. Eyes are eyes, at least here, if they can pass for cat eyes. The "Look At Me" eyes that come with Raiya's characters (the other eye props I own) don't work for this because they load as the pair and don't have pupil slit morphs. (At least I don't have any of those morphs because my characters from her are normal humans.)

@carrie58 The eyes are from Eyedeas 3+ for V4 and M4. They are a poser product, they either load together or individuallly. In this case, I loaded them individually and parented them to each eye. This is what I needed for the cat to get a better fit. These eyes should be scaled at around 74% to be roughly the same size as the cat's eyes. They will need to be re-scaled to a different size, depending on how you morphed your cat.

EDIT: A rendered version with the cat's face visible again, so you can compare the two eyes next to each other.

FacelessCat.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 384K
    Cta.png
    800 x 1046 - 985K
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979

Thank you very much MimicMolly

edited July 2019

Three more tries.... I like the stomach on the first one, some of the side fur on the calico, the rest not so much...

Cat 6.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Cat Calico 2.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Cat Calico 6.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

There isn't a readme for the product.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    gitika1 said:

There isn't a readme for the product.

Have reported that.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,998
    edited July 2019

...addressed embedding the issue in the Using the Forums thread. Very frustrating.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The rest of the sku sequence read mes are now available.   THey are working on the one for the cat.  

• Three more tries.... I like the stomach on the first one, some of the side fur on the calico, the rest not so much...

love the second and third... wonder if the eyes can be moved forward a tiny bit? they look like they're too far back in the sockets and kinda creepy

the cats tho look so soft and huggable :)