So long to load

I'm wondering why a file with only genesis 8, a dress and a bed take about two hours to load... anyone can add some light to this?

Thanks

Comments

• Does it contain any simulations? Does it generate any errors?

• It contains a simulation for the dress but the long load time was before having the simulation too... and cero errors. Just the load screen hangs in this until the model load

Screen Shot 11-22-19 at 03.51 PM.PNG
    372 x 347 - 8K
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Literally two hours or is that hyperbole?  If genuinely two hours, is your drive OK?

• Literally, and merge the same escene in other takes another 2 hrs... I have more complex scenes that load fast... the drive is ok and only happens with a few scenes, with and with no simulations... i think is some asset inside the scenes that take too log to load but i can't figure what or a bug with the way the file is writting or the data loads...

• Number of morphs makes a big difference to how long figures take to load, butt wo hours is excessive (I think I have at least three-quarters of the morphs packs for Genesis 8 Female, as well as a fair few characters, and she takes a minute or two to load). Are you getting any error boxes on loading these figures? Does the speed vary?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Yeah, two hours sounds crazy. The most longest loading scene I remember was around 15 minutes, it was a massive forest scene though, with a few people and animals in it.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,587

For others to help with your issue it may be useful to report the actual assets you're using in the scene, and the log file too (help > troubleshooting > log). If this issue is only specific to that specific scene it is likely that there's an asset bogging your system resources.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    There are several potential I/O bottlenecks at play with content loading/saving. If a disk is accessed via an external connection (e.g., USB, ethernet, Wi-Fi, cloud, etc.), it is bound not only by the speed of the disk, but also by the speed of the connection. If the machine is competing for resources with other tasks (e.g. indexing, anti-virus/malware scanning/monitoring, gaming, web browsing, etc.), that can also be a factor. Lots of files further exacerbates these types of issues.
  • Wow 2 hours. If it takes 2 hours just to load the scene, how long does it take to render that scene?

• file isWow 2 hours. If it takes 2 hours just to load the scene, how long does it take to render that scene?

1 minute XD... the scene has only genesis 8, on dress and one bed... this is not the first time it happens... my theory it s that DAz studio has issues to load some assets.

Chohole said:
    There are several potential I/O bottlenecks at play with content loading/saving. If a disk is accessed via an external connection (e.g., USB, ethernet, Wi-Fi, cloud, etc.), it is bound not only by the speed of the disk, but also by the speed of the connection. If the machine is competing for resources with other tasks (e.g. indexing, anti-virus/malware scanning/monitoring, gaming, web browsing, etc.), that can also be a factor. Lots of files further exacerbates these types of issues.

The scene file is about 130mb but at the minute of loading, DS has useb 4gb of memory. The hd where the file and data is stores is a SSD, all the other porcess are closed, same result.

Number of morphs makes a big difference to how long figures take to load, butt wo hours is excessive (I think I have at least three-quarters of the morphs packs for Genesis 8 Female, as well as a fair few characters, and she takes a minute or two to load). Are you getting any error boxes on loading these figures? Does the speed vary?

Nope, just the "not responding dialog stacked in "claring the scene" . Finally I've decided to restart again with a clean scen and other models, cause when merge the tress models I need, the scenes tooks more than four hours to load and finally my computer crashes. Can't handle this amounts of time for one mninute render

• The scene file is about 130mb but at the minute of loading, DS has useb 4gb of memory. The hd where the file and data is stores is a SSD, all the other porcess are closed, same result.

Note that the scene file size doesn't really tell you how much memory it needs, or how long it takes to load. The scene file has external links to other files for the textures, actual object mesh, and morph data — these are not stored as part of the scene file.

• TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 148

So- a consideration- better than waiting 2 hours to load-

Try copying the figures and scene and pasting them into a new file? There's gotta be a way to do that. What I do when Photoshop is being a brat- move everything to a new file and delete the old corrupted one.

• dijituldijitul Posts: 146

This may also be a memory issue.  If you've cranked up either the SubD values beyond, say 2 or 3, or if any of your surfaces use a displacement and the Displacement SubD is cranked up, it may cause significant render/redraw delays. 

As someone else mentioned about logs, delete the log file before loading the scene, then check the log file after loading the scene.  Each log entry comes with a timestamp so you can see where delays may be happening.

• So- a consideration- better than waiting 2 hours to load-

Try copying the figures and scene and pasting them into a new file? There's gotta be a way to do that. What I do when Photoshop is being a brat- move everything to a new file and delete the old corrupted one.

That works on Daz Studio? Copy, paste just works to copy attributes as position....

This may also be a memory issue.  If you've cranked up either the SubD values beyond, say 2 or 3, or if any of your surfaces use a displacement and the Displacement SubD is cranked up, it may cause significant render/redraw delays. 

As someone else mentioned about logs, delete the log file before loading the scene, then check the log file after loading the scene.  Each log entry comes with a timestamp so you can see where delays may be happening.

I have 16 gb and i've loaded much more complex scenes in less that five minutes. I've removed the smoothing and still takes about 2 hours, 2 more if you want to merge in another scene. Finally, i'vde decided to start from fersh cause i thing theres is some bug in Daz that mess with the data files, cause this happens in some scenes with no connection, such a common objects