Liquid Pack for DAZ Studio (Commercial)

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

If you are considering future packs, perhaps something including a few waterfalls would be of value. I'm sure you can google for much better examples, but here are a few local waterfalls of various sizes for examples.

screenshot,_waterfalls.png
    636 x 945 - 969K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Just hit the store!

http://www.daz3d.com/countdown-2-summer/liquid-pack

I'd really love to see some renders using this, so I can drool until I have the finances. :D

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Will be getting this in a couple of days. An answer to a couple of problems I've had. Thank you.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited December 1969

I got it..... and can't get the shaders to work in latest D|S or Carrara !

So I did a quickie using Carrara shaders instead. :smirk:

Choc_splash.jpg
    800 x 600 - 289K
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited December 1969

The hard part is finding the right size bottle, I kinda wish there were a few more morphs.

tanning.jpg
    450 x 600 - 182K
  • JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Great renders so far...

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited June 2014

Darn... Was hoping the waterfall-like curtains would have a curving morph, to let them conform to circular angles, like the line of a creature's jaw/teeth.

Aside from that, excellent stuff. Shall be as useful as I had hoped. Well done for finally providing the realistic liquid-based props we've been sorely lacking. :)

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Glad it's useful.
    Maybe I'll make another pack someday that will be even more useful based on what I learned making this one... But for now I had enough with liquids. I want to make creatures...

edited December 1969

Is there a trick to applying the textures in DS?

I can't get them to work.. I have uninstalled DS & the liquid pack --- reinstalled had several coffees and still can't get the shaders to apply..

Also re-downloaded the file

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

Make sure you have the item selected in the scene tab then select the surface name in the surfaces tab before applying the preset. WIth most shaders you need to select the surface as well as the item.

Just a thought, not sure if this is the issue.

edited December 1969

Thankyou Razor 42

selecting the surface as well as the item did the trick....

picking up hair from floor and putting back in head ;-)

thx

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

Your welcome, I've been there before trust me :)

I'm looking forward to seeing more renders in this thread.
    This looks like a great product. But I've already blown my budget on Daz purchases this month. :(
    Probably pick it up next month.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

The trick to needing to select things in the surface tab before applying a shader, was something which perplexed me for ages. :)

Have to say that the shaders included with this pack are very nice. Especially the blood one. Can definitely use these with various other products.

• kidzromaniakidzromania Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello,

We are new to Daz and we pretty much figure things out or help ourselves with tutorials on the internet. We just bought the Liquid Pack and we tried looking up on the internet for a tutorial or some help but we couldn`t find any. Do you have any ideea where I could find a tutorial?
    Also I`m curious about Morphs. I don`t seem to be able to find any of them,. put aside use them. Should the Morphs show up on
    Parameters tab? I downloaded and installed with Install Manager from Daz. I`m using MacOS.

Thank you in advance
    Alex.

edited December 1969

The morphs are located in the parameter tab under Morph Controls but not all of them have morphs.
    Here's something that might help you: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/start

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    edited December 1969

I'm having trouble rendering, the shaders particularly the water are all coming out very dark almost black, I'm using one distant light and one AOA ambient light, I have the liquid prop in a complete environment.

edited December 1969

You need to increase the maximum Ray Depth in the Render Settings until the black goes away. Keep in mind that the more ray depth, the more time it will take to render...

RayDepth.jpg
    729 x 990 - 196K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    You need to increase the maximum Ray Depth in the Render Settings until the black goes away. Keep in mind that the more ray depth, the more time it will take to render...

A smaller bucket size in those instances will help chew through the scene. I normally use 32 but with intense raytracing it best to use 16 or even 8.

edited December 1969

Good advise!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    edited December 1969

May I ask what you recommend for raytracing for example what did you use for the promo of the water splash, I've got mine set to 6 at the moment and the water is still coming out quite black.
    Thanks

edited December 1969

Between 12 an 16. Quite high but the splashes are very complex objects and require more ray trace depth.

edited December 1969

Oh and by the way, it took an average of 8 to 20 hours of render time per image for my promos... There's just no other way to get good looking refractive objects.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is there any chance of this pack in a Poser or obj version?

edited December 1969

No but you can export them from DAZ as obj...

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Been playing with these since yesterday. Had a hell of a time with the shaders (especially the water) but once I applied another shader I had the shaders in the pack started working. Huh? Oh well working now. Will post pic later today :-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Oh and by the way, it took an average of 8 to 20 hours of render time per image for my promos... There's just no other way to get good looking refractive objects.

Was that with regular or Progressive rendering? For some things where there are a lot of calculations Progressive is actually a lot faster, though I don't know if that would apply here (I have purchased the pack, but not had time to install yet so I can't check myself).

edited December 1969

Both actually. Some uses regular, some uses progressive. I didn't bother optimizing my settings because I have another computer to continue working while rendering my promos. But with good optimization I probably could reduce render time by half.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

JoLab1985 said:
    No but you can export them from DAZ as obj...

I don't use DAZ Studio.

This was the first product here at DAZ for nearly a year, I've actually been wanting to buy. Just too bad I guess.

Post edited by natrix natrix on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378
    edited December 1969

Since I bought it, I thought I'd try an experimental render on my old mac. I used an environment sphere, some of the AOA lights and two of the props with a ray trace depth of 6... after two minutes, I got this... tomorrow, I will try the render of a little fairy Giselle gazing through a drop falling from a flower petal.

splash.jpg
    1568 x 1286 - 595K
    edited December 1969

WOW... this look really good!