Dasan 8 - massive headseam

davesodaveso Posts: 6,733
edited April 2020 in The Commons

this is the second character in a row I've purchased with obvious head seam. Not sure how in 100 years this could get through QC ... 
I'll file a report but wow, its bad. 

dasan8 head seam.jpg
400 x 320 - 98K
Post edited by daveso on

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Hmm I did a test run to see because I didn't remember seeing a seam on him. I did a couple of different light sets and I did not see a seam? Possible to give settings so we can see if someone can replicate it?

dasantest.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 1M
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,733
    edited April 2020
    Daventaki said:

Hmm I did a test run to see because I didn't remember seeing a seam on him. I did a couple of different light sets and I did not see a seam? Possible to give settings so we can see if someone can replicate it?

what settings do you need?
    I have a specualr light and one spotlight pointing directly at the head ... straight to the side .. I removed the specular and its still there. added a new camera ..and still there. strange. Was there an update that i didn;t get? Just set the rendering to default ... wow..really bad. I'm going to start over with blank ... default rendering ...

Post edited by daveso on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,618
    edited April 2020
    Daventaki said:

Actually after seeing it accross the top of the head in daveso's image, I think I can very faintly see the same seam in your image. Or am I trying too hard and imagining it?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

no better ... what am i doing wrong?

dasan texture seam all default.jpg
    600 x 480 - 134K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,716

Yeah, not seeing it either here. daveso, is this a fresh load of the character or did you load any other skins?

Yeah, not seeing it either here. daveso, is this a fresh load of the character or did you load any other skins?

i just did another fresh load .. same deal... even worse. Just used sun-sky .. no dome .. same. tried to load the full texture... same seam. very frustrating. 

dasan texture seam all default2.jpg
    2560 x 2048 - 971K
    edited April 2020

it looks like shadows more than seam..but if i turn the figure, its still there same thing. 

Post edited by daveso on

check this 

2 figs one seam.jpg
    2560 x 2048 - 2M

check this 

2 figs one seam2.jpg
    2560 x 2048 - 2M
    2 figs one seam.jpg
    2560 x 2048 - 2M
    edited April 2020

Hmm something definately is not working right for you.  Look at the back of his head it looks translucent!  And if you look at mine and yours mine has more detail, look at the eyes my crows feet are much more visible.

@Charlie_Judge there maybe is a slight seam but nothing like what daveso is getting.  I think it happens because of slightly different settings from the face and torso areas.

Edit:  I did a sun-sky side view all default settings and nothing like what your getting.  Is your log file showing any errors? Maybe try to reinstall Dasan?

Post edited by Daventaki on
    edited April 2020

Looking at your latest images, there is something funky going on for sure with your setup daveso because I have never seen that kind of funky shadowing before

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Look at your texture should be Dasan8TorsoD_1002.jpg its not lining up like it should.

Daventaki said:

Look at your texture should be Dasan8TorsoD_1002.jpg its not lining up like it should.

yes, it is that. 

edited April 2020

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  

User ERROR ...  the icon had that little circle deal...it needed to be fully installed ...  holy cow ... why does it do that? doesn;t DIM install the stuff? 

Sorry for so much confusion ... I knnow I was confused ... 

fixed.jpg
    2560 x 2048 - 2M
    Post edited by daveso on

LOL, well at least you found the solution.

Loved how you freaked out at first

Not sure how in 100 years this could get through QC ... 
    I'll file a report but wow, its bad. 

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

You figured it out before I saw the tthread :). From the looks of things it was clear a texture was missing. That is not a seam :D, that is a canyon.

Glad you figured it out!  Yes DIM should be installing everything, I do not install anything through Connect.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,068

That's what happens when a normal map isn't applying correctly. I have some characters that started doing that after an update. The only fix was to remove the normal maps altogether.