Workspace all white?

TsuzuraTsuzura Posts: 119
edited December 1969 in The Commons

When I start daz up now its all white like the attached photo, how do I fix this?

tf.png
1366 x 768 - 185K

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Has this just happened, was it ok before? If yes then try to go in to Window > Workspace and reset the Layout and see if that clears the issue.

• TsuzuraTsuzura Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

I can't reset the layout

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It has been suggested that you installed the update while DS was running

To fix it:
    - Close DAZ Studio.
    - Uninstall DAZ Studio [, if using Install Manager].
    - Uninstall the Dynamic Clothing Control plugin [, if the user owns a
    license].
    - Re-install DAZ Studio.
    - Re-install the Dynamic Clothing Control plugin [, if the user owns a
    license].

• TsuzuraTsuzura Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

I got it working now, thanks to the both of you!

• I had this same issue. I was able to resolve it. TY Chohole! 

So as Chohole suggested I had tried to install Daz Studio update while it was running in the background. I noticed in the install manager three tabs across that top that read; Ready to Download, Ready to Install and Installed. Under the Ready to Install tab I found DazStudio 4.9 ready to be installed. I closed my Daz program then ran the install from the manager. I restarted Daz and everything had been fixed. Hopefully this will save some ppl the time of uninstalling beforehand. 

• edited August 2020

DAZ Programmers should really fix this problem with a simple solution without having to worry about updating with program open especially when the user did not command the program to be updated.

Post edited by juke135_494590346c on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

DS doesn't update on its own, only if you tell it to. 

• thiefling said:

I had this same issue. I was able to resolve it. TY Chohole! 

So as Chohole suggested I had tried to install Daz Studio update while it was running in the background. I noticed in the install manager three tabs across that top that read; Ready to Download, Ready to Install and Installed. Under the Ready to Install tab I found DazStudio 4.9 ready to be installed. I closed my Daz program then ran the install from the manager. I restarted Daz and everything had been fixed. Hopefully this will save some ppl the time of uninstalling beforehand.

Thank you! This just saved me. 

• juke135_494590346c said:

DAZ Programmers should really fix this problem with a simple solution without having to worry about updating with program open especially when the user did not command the program to be updated.

This happened to me some time ago, after trying DAZ Central. The easy solution would be for the installer to check if Studio is running and to refuse to install if that is true...hopefully with a simple dialog alerting the user why it wasn't working. Not sure why that hasn't been done:(