New Daz House Cat with dForce Hair?

2»

Comments

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611

does catalyzer only work with cat fur ?

or will it work with dog fur too ?

in which case it should be renamed CatNdogalyzer

Catalyzer only works with AM's own models when specifically listed on the product page. I believe most (if not all) of AM's older LAMH models have been updated to work the Catalyzer. 

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,656

I have basically given up cat renders. I have tried to force sucessive cat models into the shape of my cats & failed miserably. I suppose that fact my favorite cat (in my avatar) really was a volleyball sized sphere with a cat front & rear end attached has meant nothing believable can even begin to represent his shape (because, who in all honesty would expect a cat to be that shape?). We now have a pair of Maine Coon cross cats, and nothing looks close to their shape. To be honest, from some angles in some draped & twisted poses they don't even look like cats... Recently one of ours was sleeping in an armchair, he had a 90 degee twist on his spine so his back legs were up the back of the chair while his head & front paws were parallel to the squab. Then, he also had another 90 degree bend in his back so his tummy was pressed against both the arm and back of the chair. His spine must be totally disarticulated - or have a 'limits' setting permanently set to 'off'.

Regards,

Richard.

LOL. So True!

Watch this documentary if you haven't already seen it: "The Lion in Your Living Room"

It explains everything about cats, including where they came from and their physical traits, it also explains how cat vertebrae are designed very differently than other mammals. Cats are very springy and able to twist and turn in impossible ways most other animals can't .. and leap incredible distances and heights. They do some slow-motion images of leaping cats in this documentary which will amaze you!

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,656

does catalyzer only work with cat fur ?

or will it work with dog fur too ?

in which case it should be renamed CatNdogalyzer

Good one!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited July 2020
    barbult said:
    Fishtales said:

I use Iray and I prefer the Catalyzer hair to the Dforce hair. As far as I can remember the LAMH hair renders quicker in 3Delight, I have used it to make billboards too :)

Leo the Lion and Friend.

2020-06-24 18:37:55.592 Total Rendering Time: 32 minutes 9.41 seconds

Dforce hair on left, Catalyzer hair on right.

Click on image for full size.

Fishtales said:

I was rendering the Orangutan when I saw this thread and I had a look and found I had the cat too.

O.R. Angutan and Mapal the Cat

2020-07-19 21:35:30.709 Total Rendering Time: 19 minutes 9.42 seconds

Nice renders but the images are quite dark, I recommend bringing in more light or adjusting the render settings so that the figures can be seen better. :)

I agree. The images are so dark, I can't see any details at all. Diva's recommendations are right on target, I think.

Those were just my initial renders before working on the figures. They are rendered with sun and sky set for 14:30 in the Northern Hemisphere using the default settings so I can judge what I need to do to them. I also turn them so that the light comes across them from the left which lets me see the lumps and bumps :).

Here are the Orangutan and cat after working on the shaders. I have also turned them so they are facing the sun and lowered the F/stop to brighten the render.

orangutan-and-cat-copyright-003.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 870K
    house-cat-dforce-copyright-001.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Fishtales on