Shogun HD for Genesis 8 Male - WOW.

I'm a huge fan of a certain game that came out earlier this year and just won the Players Voice Award.

Have always been a fond admirer of @Luthbel's creations but the level of detail in Shogun HD is just incredible! Bravo. yes

Comments

• In my opinion in this time Shogun's textures are worse than Luthbel usual, but geometry, number of clothing pieces and poses still great

• Just went and had a look...holy crap that model is incredible.  And it's on sale for 30% off right now, $25.87 instead of its usual price of $36.95.  I don't have a use for it right now but that's a pretty decent deal smiley

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

It's 14.49 IF you buy 3 or more of the Holidays with an Eastern Flair items. Oddly, the Textures have been left off that list.

Luthbel is a Daz national treasure. I'm still holding out hope for an Urban Survivors for Genesis 8.

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 7.18.19 AM.png
    1343 x 746 - 301K
    Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 7.33.05 AM.png
    847 x 732 - 672K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Does look pretty cool, even though I will never have a use for it.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

So close...

Best attempt I have seen so far for mass purchasing.

If anyone purchases and is planning on showing renders here, I would love to see wireframes, and if those details are all HD level 3/4 heavy subdivision, I would love to see a level 0/1 base without the details.

Also, it looks super heavy  --  What is the base footprint, and RAM load required just to load into Studio pre-render?

I haven't pushed mine to completion that far, because I don't own a system that can handle it, but even so, I'll stick with 3Delight and render-time micro-poly displacement over real-time super high poly sub-D vertex displacement, or make best case use of Normal mapping with basic displacement to level 2.

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

I'll MAKE a use for it! Went into my cart so fast I think the server is still smokin'...

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    edited December 2020

Luthbel knocks it out of the park once again!  This is my first stab at it, but am blown away by the detail.  Like, that dragon on the head piece could be the focus of a render all by itself!

VT_Luthbel_Shogun_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 445K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

@Gogger, that is simply beautiful.

@xyer0, thank you for posting your cart. I missed the textures yesterday totally! Now the centerpiece of my cart today.

When I saw Shogun I was immediately taken back to an exhibition at the Denver Art Museum on Samurai in 2016.

Thank you @Luthbel and @Luthbellina for your work.

• Gogger, that is fantastic! 

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Gorgeous release!

• it looks wonderful but you need to have a good computer for it. On 24 gig of memory it uses 95% memory then windows 10 kills the process - this was just Lee 8, the samurai shogun armour and no background.

Its getting to the point where a minimum memory warning would be useful on some products here

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited December 2020

Very nice, but it is very resource heavy. It does not fit on my GTX 1080 with 8 GB of VRAM, so it was rendered on CPU on my computer.

Rendering Time: 47 minutes 55 seconds, CPU:      546 iterations, 23.581s init, 2750.970s render

Abasi01sc03pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 427K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • edited December 2020

the Samurai clothing has such a detailed geometry that M8 and the costume use over 2 gig of memory for geometry by default. It does seem to work well with decimator though, a 70% reduction brings the geometry load down to about 400mb and a 24 gig pc can then render it

1000 ipc.jpg
    1700 x 2600 - 1M
    Post edited by macro2k7_50e18e3b02 on
  • well with my 980ti this makes me feel better about not having the money for it devil

I honestly don't know where I would use a Shogun/samurai anyway but it looks cool

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Playing around with OsoDreamer feline (and a pugman in the back, though it's not so clear).

edited December 2020

Oso3D said:

Playing around with OsoDreamer feline (and a pugman in the back, though it's not so clear).

I'll see your OsoDreamer feline and raise you a Rakshasa Shogun (also with pugman - already killed and eaten! HA HA HA HA!)
    I'm not gonna lie - I had to render the full Shogun version out in two separate parts - this outfit and that fur with high tesselation settings resulted in a blank screen render. And that's on a 64GB system with an RTX2060 and RTX2080Ti going to bat for me. Thankful for Photoshoppery!

VT_Rakshasi_Shogun_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 752K
    VT_Tigerclaw_Shogun_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 872K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    edited December 2020

Okay, last one - just having a really good time with Rakshasa Shogun.  Same two render process here.

VT_Fear_The_Rakshasi_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 964K
    Post edited by Gogger on

Very nice renders, everyone.

edited December 2020

He looks great in Unity and renders in real time there, so I can easily made animations with him, even on my old graphics card Nvidia GTX 1080.

Below are example renders with https://www.daz3d.com/ej-hiroshi-and-masao-for-genesis-8-male and https://www.daz3d.com/the-streets-of-asia

Shogun03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 687K
    Shogun02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 640K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Amazing, Gogger! Some fine compositing there

Oso3D said:

Amazing, Gogger! Some fine compositing there

Thanks @Oso3D!  - FWIW I rendered Rakshasa and the Shogun armor together on my other renderbox with 64GB RAM and an RTX3090 and it rendered like a champ in record time. I love your anthropomorphic tigers and plan on doing lots more renders with them now!

• shogun versus ashigaru - 70 odd percent reduced geometry for armour and samurai hair with decimator

4320 97 pc 2k.jpg
    2000 x 2476 - 2M