UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,014
    edited November 2021

Having some issues with Ultrascenery and no idea why now, about the only thing I can think of is I recently got a RTX 3060 installed.. Either way as the image shows, when I render I get this happening where the bridges and walkways look like they just been burnt, and a long the shoreline looks like a fire went through recently..

Good news as you can see in the second image I was able to fix the issue I was having in the first image.. I found that using the Daz iRay Uber shader fixed the issue I was having.. The weird thing is that the problem seems to only exist on those scene elements you see in the images..

WTH.jpg
    500 x 1000 - 483K
    WTH2.jpg
    500 x 1000 - 470K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,797
    edited November 2021

Ghosty12 said:

Having some issues with Ultrascenery and no idea why now, about the only thing I can think of is I recently got a RTX 3060 installed.. Either way as the image shows, when I render I get this happening where the bridges and walkways look like they just been burnt, and a long the shoreline looks like a fire went through recently..

Good news as you can see in the second image I was able to fix the issue I was having in the first image.. I found that using the Daz iRay Uber shader fixed the issue I was having.. The weird thing is that the problem seems to only exist on those scene elements you see in the images..

What version of Daz Studio are you using. there have been many reports of custom shader problems in the recent beta versions of Daz Studio.

Post edited by barbult on
  • @HowieFarkes  Thanks a lot, now we are up to date again! 

edited November 2021

barbult said:

Ghosty12 said:

What version of Daz Studio are you using. there have been many reports of custom shader problems in the recent beta versions of Daz Studio.

Ahh k thank you for the info, laugh I am using the current 4.15.0.30 release build of Studio, what is weird is that I never had the issue before and that it is only these scene elements that are affected..

Though interesting  I just downloaded the current 4.15.1.96 public beta and the issue vanishes.. So must be something about Studio 4.15.0.30 and my RTX 3060 and certain shader/textures that is at play here, as I did not have this issue with my 1070ti..

I used Alienator Pro to substitute some of the PC+ freebie Treehouses for large Oak trees.

• edited November 2021

Can't figure out how to delete this, but I figured out my problem.

Post edited by jhogenboom_da69c035a9 on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,465
    edited December 2021

I was trying a few running poses for the female character. It seemed nicer to get her running through an autumnal forest, then the male characters added themselves. Now.. the image is 'Re-enforcements are coming as fast as they can. Pray they get there in time.' Harpwood Forest 2.

Regards,

Richard

Glamorous Vickie 26 R05.png
    1860 x 936 - 4M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited January 2022

I have managed to fix the issue I was having with Ultrascenery rendering weirdly.. After reading a post by kimbleag_591930dfc0 https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7249041/#Comment_7249041 it was down to a later version of Nvidia's MDL Material Exchange software that was causing the issues.. laugh

• Digital Art LiveDigital Art Live Posts: 123
    edited January 2022

Our community at Digital Art Live has been fascinated with the work that's been going on with the artwork built with UltraScenery. I'd like to bring together the artists across the world that are regularly building art with this script in a live webinar event to show their work and have a round table discussion on the capabilities of it.

Reply to me if you'd like to be involved!

Post edited by Digital Art Live on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,589
    edited January 2022

Post edited by algovincian on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,756

Digital Art Live said:

Our community at Digital Art Live has been fascinated with the work that's been going on with the artwork built with UltraScenery. I'd like to bring together the artists across the world that are regularly building art with this script in a live webinar event to show their work and have a round table discussion on the capabilities of it.

Reply to me if you'd like to be involved!

that would be really cool to have. There are some real yexperts on Ultrascenery here that can share a lot.  

• barbult said:

I used Alienator Pro to substitute some of the PC+ freebie Treehouses for large Oak trees.

What a cool idea!!  I have this and never would have thought to use it like this.  You are SO creative, Barbult.  Thanks for sharing...

edited February 2022

TIP The camera headlamp can help make the UltraScenery terrain more visible in the Texture Shaded viewport preview. I listed my preferred headlamp settings here. Remember to turn the headlamp off before rendering. Also, in Render Settings, General section, I always set Auto Headlamp set to Never. I don't want this birght headlamp in my render.

edited February 2022

Trying out the beta of Daz Studio and the new ground fog feature, and it does look good.. Also have found that with the new Studio beta build, my render initialization time has gone from just over a minute, to 31 seconds which is a huge improvement in speed, and this is with the optimization setting set at memory.. smiley

Morning MIst.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 577K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,956

How do you access the ground fog?

edited February 2022

Oso3D said:

It is in the Render Settings Environment section, or the Parameters pane of the Environment Options node (in the DS Beta 4.16.1.47).

Screenshot 2022-02-16 121221.jpg
    600 x 529 - 52K
    Screenshot 2022-02-16 121156.jpg
    598 x 249 - 29K
    edited February 2022

Oso3D said:

Easier to show an image of where it is in the latest available beta build.. smiley

Lol Barbult beat me to it.. laugh

But it will take some getting used to as so far there is no visual representation of the fog plane in the viewport, unless you have the viewport set to iRay mode..

Screenshot 2022-02-17 034203.jpg
    520 x 661 - 80K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,956

Ooooh, I was on the wrong beta! Duh. Thanks as always, Barbult!

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 736

Ghosty12 said:

Trying out the beta of Daz Studio and the new ground fog feature, and it does look good.. Also have found that with the new Studio beta build, my render initialization time has gone from just over a minute, to 31 seconds which is a huge improvement in speed, and this is with the optimization setting set at memory.. smiley

That looks great. thanks for sharing. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,756

that ground fog will be really cool for those swampy renders

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited February 2022

Ghosty12 said:

That does look really good :) Give it long enough and DS might just turn into a full fledged landscape creator. LOL

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • We can hope... Figures in a Landscape. Perfect.
    edited February 2022

I used Alienator Pro to put the new Daz+ Spring Flowers freebie into an UltraScenery scene in place of the daisies. The ecology is one I mixed together with Code66 Scene Tools II Ecology Engineer.

USC Alienator MJF Spring Flowers_004_BCam Cross 1 W.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 736

barbult said:

I used Alienator Pro to put the new Daz+ Spring Flowers freebie into an UltraScenery scene in place of the daisies. The ecology is one I mixed together with Code66 Scene Tools II Ecology Engineer.

Great one Barbult, Love your eco-combo. What asset are you using for your skys? 

Tugpsx said:

barbult said:

Great one Barbult, Love your eco-combo. What asset are you using for your skys? 

99% of the time, when I want sun with nice clouds, I use the Sunflowers HDRI from Poly Haven.

edited February 2022

Tugpsx said:

Ghosty12 said:

That looks great. thanks for sharing. 

Thank you, I was quite chuffed with how it turned out.. The next iteration of Studio when released is going to be good.. laugh

AllenArt said:

Ghosty12 said:

Trying out the beta of Daz Studio and the new ground fog feature, and it does look good.. Also have found that with the new Studio beta build, my render initialization time has gone from just over a minute, to 31 seconds which is a huge improvement in speed, and this is with the optimization setting set at memory..

That does look really good :) Give it long enough and DS might just turn into a full fledged landscape creator. LOL

Thank you.. laugh  And most definitely especially with the new Ultrascenery XT coming soon.. 

• UltraScene Creator crash

I have used UltraScenery successfully many times and own a number of add-ons for it.

Recently, when I run it (on a new machine), the progress bar starts but then freezes (screenshot attached). It stays frozen at that position no matter how long I allow it to run. I have run a number of different scenarios. This screenshot was taken after I ran UltraScene Creator on the default setup that it boots to, using only the default assets on the first Grasslands setting.

I have tried it with the C66 Graphics plug-in enabled and disabled. I have tried it with the Accelerator for UltraScenery Studio Content plug-in enabled and disabled. I have tried it with all add-ons installed and uninstalled. Every time I get the same result.

I hope there's a fix! I rely on UltraScenery. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

My PC stats are as follows:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz
    Installed RAM 128 GB (128 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2
    OS build 19042.1526
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 driver version 30.0.15.1179
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

These are the final lines of the log file (those which seems to pertain to this problem):

2022-02-20 17:01:14.154 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ecologies/usc grassland 01/USC Grassland 01 MAT.duf
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.154 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.154 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 2
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ecologies/usc grassland 01/USC Grassland 01 MAT.duf
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.194 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.212 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.212 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.236 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1189): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.236 [WARNING] :: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.239 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: G:/My Daz Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

UltraSceneCreatorCrash.png
    3426 x 1347 - 764K
    UltraScenery products do not work properly when installed with Daz Connect (installed from inside Daz Studio). How did you install? DIM is the best install option.
  • barbult said:

UltraScenery products do not work properly when installed with Daz Connect (installed from inside Daz Studio). How did you install? DIM is the best install option.

Thank you for your reply. All content installed via DIM (uninstalled and reinstalled several times).

This discussion has been closed.