Question about the International Women’s Day Render Contest

I looked all through description for the International Women’s Day Render Contest and I couldn't find how many submissions you can make. Is it limited to one? I can't find any info...

Comments

• reasjinreasjin Posts: 0

Wonderland said:

I looked all through description for the International Women’s Day Render Contest and I couldn't find how many submissions you can make. Is it limited to one? I can't find any info...

The contest rules (https://blog.daz3d.com/international-womens-day-contest-rules/) states that: There is no limit to the number of submissions per individual and you must fill in the information requested for each submission. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

reasjin said:

Wonderland said:

The contest rules (https://blog.daz3d.com/international-womens-day-contest-rules/) states that: There is no limit to the number of submissions per individual and you must fill in the information requested for each submission. 

But it also said you can't submit over the limit by using different accounts. I guess I missed the part where it says no limit. Why would anyone try to use different accounts to go over the limit if there is no limit? Very confusing...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792
    edited March 2021

Also can we put our name/website/social media on it? 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,923

..still a little confused about image content. 

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 508

reasjin said:

Wonderland said:

But it also said you can't submit over the limit by using different accounts. I guess I missed the part where it says no limit. Why would anyone try to use different accounts to go over the limit if there is no limit? Very confusing...

Maybe you submit 20 images, but they only allow you to place once, so different accounts to possibly place multiple times maybe? My question is..... what if we don't use social media? How can we follow them? Or even post. Does the Daz gallery count? Thanks.
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611

kyoto kid said:

Yeah, it is confusing. Like...does the figure need to be from Daz, or can I use a custom figure as long as she's wearing something from Daz? Can we kitbash a bunch of diffent Daz outfits into one? Are we able to use some stuff from other places? Like what if I want to do an image with a custom figure who wears a kitbashed Daz outfit and there happens to be a HiveWire Horse in the scene (rather than DH2)? 

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,100

I always say, anything not specifically forbidden is allowed. Don't look for limitations that are not there. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

imagining winning a 5 thousand dollar gc.  lol

not enough to make me post to social media

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,303

melissastjames said:

kyoto kid said:

Yeah, it is confusing. Like...does the figure need to be from Daz, or can I use a custom figure as long as she's wearing something from Daz? Can we kitbash a bunch of diffent Daz outfits into one? Are we able to use some stuff from other places? Like what if I want to do an image with a custom figure who wears a kitbashed Daz outfit and there happens to be a HiveWire Horse in the scene (rather than DH2)? 

The way I read it, the render has to include an item purchased at the Daz store, which is fair imo.  Not everything has to be from the Daz store. 

Anyway, if anyone's from Québec, you're not eligible.  We never are.

• Daz_BryceDaz_Bryce Posts: 12
    Hey everyone! I'm part of the team that put together the contest. Here's a bit more information to help answer your questions: For image content, you can use any piece of Daz content to create an image or animation that celebrates International Women's Day. We're looking for submissions that show off strength and empowerment. If you have your own figure, but want to use Daz outfits, that absolutely works! There are no submission limits, so long as you fill out the form for each entry, and post each entry on social media using the hashtags. So if you have more than one idea, go for it! Just make sure you're using the same account every time to submit the form. Finally, if you don't have social media, feel free to share your submission on a portfolio, or in our gallery. Hope this helps!
  • I talk about Daz in my social media and make images on DA, but I kind of like keeping all that separate from things like contests.

(It's not like I don't say, "Try Daz" on pinned posts elsewhere. I just like to keep that other social media content separated in this weird era that we live in. Segregate all the contents because some day you will be cancelled because someone didn't like one thing they misinterpreted about you.)

So, yes, if Daz Gallery is good? Then I would prefer just to post to Daz Gallery.
    You're already getting advertising from me on the regular in social media, anyway.
    If one needs to vet my social media before approving a contest entry (which I probably wouldn't win anyhow)? Then, not interested.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,923

...I was just a little confused by the two links in the rules that were suggestions.  One was jsut photo images of the same pose and the other focused mainly on workplace situations. 

Also as to the comment directly above, is DA OK as well, and if so how would one go to "pinning" to it other than just providing a link?

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 789

Just a heads-up regarding the maximum file size limit of 20 MB...  

I tried to upload a 14.7 MB PNG image for my entry, but received an error message. I then tried a 7 MB JPG image and that uploaded successfully.  My internet connection was fine, so I'm not sure if the problem is with the file size or file type. 

• emu42emu42 Posts: 50

Daz_Bryce said:

[...] Finally, if you don't have social media, feel free to share your submission on a portfolio, or in our gallery. Hope this helps!d

... and ignore the rule that says "Follow Daz on the social platform of your choosing"?

BTW The social platform of my choosing is DeviantArt. And I will follow you there if there is an official Daz account.

• Maybe I'm just dumb, but is there a way to see all the entries that have been entered, like a specific place to go, a method of calling up all the posts, may be a gallery that we can go to by name? I know that they are all tagged but I don't know how to use that, and I don't want to go to fifty different places and try to find them all over the internet. Besides, I don't want to see all the "made with daz" just the contest entries.

Thanks,

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I wasn't going to enter because I didn't like my idea enough but I thought of a way to improve it and so I'll give entering a shot. I like to keep all my renders posted to one place and I've been using the DAZ Gallery. While that must change when I actually learn to animate because the DAZ Gallery doesn't support video (embedding links from Vimeo or YouTube would be nice!), for now I can continue using the DAZ Gallery.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited March 2021

I'm confused by this in the DAZ blog because the link says "create a new static render or animation". 

So, are animations allowed or not?

And if they are, how are people posting them?

2021-03-30 16_12_45-Window.jpg
    1024 x 490 - 48K
    Post edited by Soto on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Where are the results listed?   Did anybody locate a single source of all entries to view?

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

They posted on Facebook that they will announce the winners later this week.

I don't think there is a single place to look at all entries.

• dtrscbrutaldtrscbrutal Posts: 505

@sriesch Somebody told me this was posted on social media yesterday. (click on the bird thing at the bottom of the page) 

"Our judges are narrowing down the winners of our International Women's Day render contest! Stay tuned - we'll announce the winners later this week."

edited April 2021

@Hellboy - you can't post an animation to the DAZ Gallery so you would had to use twitter or FB or such. The animation would have to be 20 MB or less because you have to upload it directly to them too.

@sriesch - They originally said they'd have the contest judged by 6 Apr 2021 but I guess there were either more entries then they expected or ties at one or more levels of placing.

I only did a simple render with a short monologue by a fictional character as my entry and posted it to the DAZ Gallery.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,205

<--waits patiently for results (taps fingers and toes)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,899

here is an announcement I just saw on twitter, not sure how it will be communicat4ed here:

https://twitter.com/daz3d/status/1380615225079029760

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,554

Wow...okay.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,303

Linwelly said:

here is an announcement I just saw on twitter, not sure how it will be communicat4ed here:

https://twitter.com/daz3d/status/1380615225079029760

Yeah, saw that on Twitter earlier.  Well, for sure they're women, and they're really nice renders, but I'm not getting an IWD vibe from them. 

Congrats, anyway!

I think that's a military macaw by the way that bird is drawing blood from that lady's shoulder. They are native to the Amazonian rain forests but somewhat common as pets in other parts of the world. It may be a severe macaw. It's definately a macaw though. Since the contest was about female empowerment I'm guessing that it is a hen military macaw escaping a bad pet caregiver.  No shots fired! Personally, I'm afraid to keep a macaw or any large parrots. Those beaks can crush a brazilnut as easily as I can drop an egg on concrete.

• Rosie DRosie D Posts: 66

Sevrin said:

Yeah, saw that on Twitter earlier.  Well, for sure they're women, and they're really nice renders, but I'm not getting an IWD vibe from them. 

Congrats, anyway!

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,776

Rosie D said:

Sevrin said:

Congrats, anyway!

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this...

Is there any place to see the non winning entries? 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited April 2021

So what was the theme supposed to be for 'International Women's Day'? The renders are of women...or were they supposed to show women holding guns or something to stand in as empowerment? I'm just confused...I thought the rule was just to enter renders of women...which these are.

I didn't enter, btw (I'm too paranoid about my stuff being good enough)...I'm just curious as to why there are issues with the winners. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

melissastjames said:

So what was the theme supposed to be for 'International Women's Day'? The renders are of women...or were they supposed to show women holding guns or something to stand in as empowerment? I'm just confused...I thought the rule was just to enter renders of women...which these are.

I didn't enter, btw (I'm too paranoid about my stuff being good enough)...I'm just curious as to why there are issues with the winners. 

It was ..."showcasing the strength and empowerment of women-identifying people."