Off Topic Thread #2

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,121

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

ok.. a great remedy for it is onion and high quality honey not the cheap Woolies/Coles brands

in a cereal bowl slice an onion and then cover it with honey and let it sit overnight with a saucer covering the bowl.... 

next morning a couple desert spoon of the liquid during the day when you feel like it..

I've used this method for over 50 years not just on myself but also my racing pigeons.... awesome.... yes

if you were a NSWelsman I'd say just eat the onion raw but being a Queenslander I understand if you can't wink

Cough has subsided, but I'll keep the recipe in mind !!!

I put half an onion on the sandwich, a bit of extra flavouring helps keep the onion from nuking the sinus passages, obviously NSWelsman enjoy a bit of discomfort !

Get well soon!  

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,253

Diomede said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

ok.. a great remedy for it is onion and high quality honey not the cheap Woolies/Coles brands

in a cereal bowl slice an onion and then cover it with honey and let it sit overnight with a saucer covering the bowl.... 

next morning a couple desert spoon of the liquid during the day when you feel like it..

I've used this method for over 50 years not just on myself but also my racing pigeons.... awesome.... yes

if you were a NSWelsman I'd say just eat the onion raw but being a Queenslander I understand if you can't wink

Cough has subsided, but I'll keep the recipe in mind !!!

I put half an onion on the sandwich, a bit of extra flavouring helps keep the onion from nuking the sinus passages, obviously NSWelsman enjoy a bit of discomfort !

Get well soon!  

Thanks - Fully recovered !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,975

this week at my place....

grandaughter came down with glandular fever

we were flooded and evacuated

my area was declared a natural disaster area

and I didn't get a render done surprise

Stezza said:

this week at my place....

grandaughter came down with glandular fever

we were flooded and evacuated

my area was declared a natural disaster area

and I didn't get a render done surprise

Eeeek - troubles ....

Had glandular fever coupled with a nasty virus in my first year at Uni, was off for 3 months.

Wet feet once again, and I see more rain is forecast for down south, hope you stay dry this time around !!!

Eeeek - troubles .... again ...

My little dog Buddy was urgently trying to get outside to do a poop, I opened the door down to the garage and he ran stright off the top landing over the side and dropped about 1 metre.

No broken bones, hopefully no internal injuries as well.

Gave me a hell of a scare ....

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,958

Bunyip02 said:

My little dog Buddy was urgently trying to get outside to do a poop, I opened the door down to the garage and he ran stright off the top landing over the side and dropped about 1 metre.

Wow everyone is leading exciting lives :(   hope al recovering

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

The little fellow is walking okay, drinking and eating, and his responses are okay for his age.

Is 15 years old, 16 in December. Multiple that by 7 for dog years.

His vision is no longer good so that explains why he ran off the top of the stairs, will take him out via the backdoor in future.

Good news! 

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319
    Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

The little fellow is walking okay, drinking and eating, and his responses are okay for his age.

His vision is no longer good so that explains why he ran off the top of the stairs, will take him out via the backdoor in future.

it's a good age - all the best for your friend

Headwax said:

Good news! 

He's a tough little critter !!!

edited July 3

Fettbemme said:

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

it's a good age - all the best for your friend

Thanks !!! The lady I bought him off when he was a pup said her dog of the same breed lived till it was 18, so hopefully he's got a few more years yet to go !

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Happy Treason Day,...   ...from America. 

I am home for a few days, then gone again until early August.  Will try to post a freebie model, or a render, while I am not limited to my laptop.

Blessings to everyone.  

Diomede said:

I am home for a few days, then gone again until early August.  Will try to post a freebie model, or a render, while I am not limited to my laptop.

Blessings to everyone.  

Safe travel !!!

Diomede said:

Blessings to everyone.  

Treason Day lol

although correct wink

get the golden tan oils out and partayyyyyyy laugh

safe travels yes 

so, I bought Poser13 cool

Stezza said:

Full program or upgrade ?

Humble Bundle is currently selling Poser 12. If you don't own Poser 11 or 12 then purchasing Poser 12 from Humble Bundle and buying the upgrade will save a few bucks.

Was looking at upgrading my Poser 11 but my C-drive is getting low on spare memory.

edited July 22

Poser 11 in Carrara

Poser 11 in Carrara 1.png
    2704 x 1038 - 506K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Humble Bundle is currently selling Poser 12. If you don't own Poser 11 or 12 then purchasing Poser 12 from Humble Bundle and buying the upgrade will save a few bucks.

Was looking at upgrading my Poser 11 but my C-drive is getting low on spare memory.

yep, I did that for $35AU then upgraded to 13 while it was on sale yes 

I put all the software on my X: drive and content on my E: drive and leave C: mainly for the OS wink

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

I put all the software on my X: drive and content on my E: drive and leave C: mainly for the OS wink

Good to know !!! Will skip the upgrade to 13 this time around !

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

whats poser like now ??

thia is a facebook link so will vanish 

I saw evil posted, wow!!

thi 

edited July 24

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

whats poser like now ??

I saw evil posted, wow!!

thi

Yep, what's Carrara compatible with release 13 ?

In release 11 some of the later figures have rigging issues in Carrara

LaFemme rigging Carrara 1.png
    2462 x 1032 - 447K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

i used to use poser to fix up xdresser refitments via the fall off zones. Also good for that shrink brush to adjust morphs to a target obj. wish carrara had that!! Philemeno was working on somtehing similar bi=ut that 

edited July 25

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

whats poser like now ??

I saw evil posted, wow!!

thi

Yep, what's Carrara compatible with release 13 ?

In release 11 some of the later figures have rigging issues in Carrara

you're not wrong about the figures.. they are more wacky jointed than.... ummmm... yep.. laugh

I did get a heap of props as well but don't know if they are in V11 as I don't have it.. I have Poser 7 and P2012 and now 13.

Poser13Figs in Carrara.png
    800 x 450 - 334K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Dang!!!   My main computer died.  RRRRRRRR!!!!!!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,223

ProPose said:

...  My main computer died. ...

The four worst words in the world.  My condolences.  sad

ProPose said:

Dang!!!   My main computer died.  RRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Hope you get a replacement up and running !!!

I have a back-up, and specs wise is better.  All my 'stuff' is on the one that failed, so it's going to take a while to rip out the hard drives and stuff the into the back-up.  I needed a break anyway so it's all good

thank goodness for backups... yes

that'll keep you busy transferring all the runtimes wink

Am finally home again for what should be a good long stretch.  Condolences to @PropPose for computer problems.  Sucks.  Thanks for the Poser 13 info, @Stezza.  I think I have rights to Poser 11, but I don't even have it installed anymore.  I still use the Poser 7 figures for various projects.  I had purchased career and historical series clothing sets for P7 Simon and Sydney, confusingly called G2 figures.  

Managed to salvage half my stuff by transfering one of the drives to my backup.  Software wise, both machines were identical, DAZ, Carrara, Octane, so I think I can live without a second computer.

Good to know your back, @Diomede.