Have you made comics or graphic novels with Daz products?

124»

Comments

• galattgalatt Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

cdemerit said:
    quietrob said:

First Never embrace being old.

Embrace growing old, for it is a privilege not afforded everyone. However nothing says you have to do it quietly.
    We all have to grow old, but nobody said anything about having to grow up.
    I use Daz for my semi regular Star Trek web comic
    http://fav.me/d7cbwta
    http://fav.me/d7z9fba

And listen to what the others have said. Don't spend hours trying to get a scene just right because most often people won't notice all the detail you put into it

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Wow, I've updated my comic three weeks in a row now. I'm on a bit of a streak considering I stopped doing it back in 2006. Daz certainly is helpful for creating perspective and lighting information.

SFW panel displayed.

SFW panel displayed.

I don't want to know where that leads.

But seriously, that look is exactly what I've been trying for. Is that straight out of DS or is that postwork? If DS, how how how how how how how how how how how how how how

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,165
    edited May 2015
  • AVU4UAVU4U Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Here is the link to my graphic novel The Nocturnes

http://avu4u.com/nocturnes.html

Its a work in progress. I've completed about 160 pages of it. Not all the completed pages are shown at the link above, but the pages that are shown will give you an idea of what The Nocturnes is. I'm also using Comic Life to position the images. When I'm finished with making the pictures, the written part is done, then I'll bring the page images into Adobe Indesign for the printer. Hopefully everything will be done B4 the end of 2015. The whole story is over 200 pages.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,143
    edited June 2015

There is a good chance some of the folks following this thread might be interested in a graphic novel challenge going on here at Daz.

This month’s Carrara Challenge is to show us glimpse into a graphic novel of your own creation! Don’t know what a graphic novel is? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_novel

For this Challenge, create any one of the following:
    1. A cover image that makes us want to buy your imaginary graphic novel
    2. A full page scene or splash page (a splash page is an image that covers two opposing pages, usually an action scene)
    3. A multi-panel scene showing us an exciting or intriguing bit of your story
    4. An “iconic” image that tells us everything we need to know about your main character in one picture

Find the challenge thread here.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57301/

Prizes are excellent, and there is still plenty of time.

Thank you to our generous sponsor DAZ 3D for offering the following awards to the winners:
    1st Place: $100.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
    2nd Place: $50.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
    3rd Place: $25.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
    Best Entry By A New Carrara User: $10.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)

Dates to Remember
    WIP Thread Opens: Saturday, 06 June 2015
    Entry Thread Opens: Saturday, 11 July 2015
    Entry Thread Closes/Voting Begins: Saturday, 18 July 2015 23:59:59 CST (GMT-6)
    Voting Ends: Saturday, 25 July 2015 23:59:59 CST (GMT-6)

Post edited by Diomede on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,754
    edited December 1969
  • thenotoriousjedthenotoriousjed Posts: 397
    edited December 1969

I just finished my very first book and used Daz studio for the cover and the illustrations. It's now available for preorder at amazon. http://www.amazon.com/How-Met-Dragon-Garage-Book-ebook/dp/B00ZMRF5XS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1434307308&sr=1-1&pebp=1434307521458&perid=A109604E0C6345FDB9AE Please check it out and let me know what you think.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited June 2015

Someday I'll actually get some pages posted... someday. Until then, here's a bit of my latest effort, called 'The Withering.' It's a post-apocalyptic adventure, inspired by Mad Max and the 80s PA movies it inspired. Mainly just working on the art style right now, getting characters and environments made. Hope you like it.

withering_cover1_by_jord13-d8xclg7.jpg
    786 x 1016 - 393K
    Post edited by jerriecan on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited June 2015

My LOTG series

2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 410K
    3.png
    1600 x 851 - 2M
    1.jpg
    1845 x 1081 - 350K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • craypoecraypoe Posts: 0

I've been doing a comic strip in DAZ Studio. here is the site where I have it posted: http://punksters.net/comicstrip.html

I create the scenes in DAZ Studio and add the captions in Manga Studio. I put all of the frames together in Windows Paint.

• glynis23glynis23 Posts: 6

Working on DazStudio and Clip Studio paint to creating comics.

• jerriecan said:

Someday I'll actually get some pages posted... someday. Until then, here's a bit of my latest effort, called 'The Withering.' It's a post-apocalyptic adventure, inspired by Mad Max and the 80s PA movies it inspired. Mainly just working on the art style right now, getting characters and environments made. Hope you like it.

It's a pretty awesome picture, you've used several filter on photoshop or GIMP, great job!

• I'd like to make graphic novels with DAZ stuff and would love to see what others have created and where they post their stories.

Frank__ said:

ColemanRugh said:

I'd like to make graphic novels with DAZ stuff and would love to see what others have created and where they post their stories.

Only trying to create a graphic novel look since several years (example one very texty :) )

Your style is great and really close to 2D effect, a great job on postwork you made.

• Here is an example of DAZ comic I do some weeks ago, there is much more work on Photoshop than DAZ:

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,478
    edited August 2019

I've done a lot of single images over the years, but I did do one comic/graphic story long ago.  Unfortunately I only have one image from it that I preserved.  It was really early, probably early 2000s or so.  I used Carrara and maybe very early DAZ Studio or Poser.  The image shows my hero (Tor) jumping from an upper level of my "Temple of Primes" (all its structural features i.e. steps, columns, ribs, etc. come in prime numbers) onto the globe being held by the big bronze statue and knocking it from the statue's hand.  The process releases the magic within it and the lightshow erupts. 

TOR_Scene18b_800.jpg
    800 x 622 - 68K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • hey everyone,

i've been working doing my comics. here a few pages of how they look. and i would love to hear from you

XIB_01_PG_16 copy.png
    1200 x 1814 - 2M
    XIB_01_PG_17 copy.png
    1200 x 1814 - 3M
    XIB_01_PG_19 copy.png
    1200 x 1814 - 2M
    XIB_01_PG_20 copy.png
    1200 x 1814 - 3M
  • nimesh said:

hey everyone,

i've been working doing my comics. here a few pages of how they look. and i would love to hear from you

looks good, you apply so much effort cutting edges o fthe image like the last one.

• nimesh said:

hey everyone,

looks good, you apply so much effort cutting edges o fthe image like the last one.

thank you :D

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,377
    nimesh said:

hey everyone,

That looks really cool! I recommend checking out this thread and maybe sharing some of your work there as well: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/228061/3d-comic-book-tips-and-pictures#latest

•   In the process of running one. It takes a LOT of time, especially with having to customize and sometimes even build assets. It's a hobby I'm pursuing in my free time so I'm not under any pressure, though.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,681

I'd like to make graphic novels with DAZ stuff and would love to see what others have created and where they post their stories.

I plan to. The biggest part of comics is storytelling and the second biggest part is sequencial images/graphics. I am working on the latter.

• 3Diva said:
    nimesh said:

hey everyone,

That looks really cool! I recommend checking out this thread and maybe sharing some of your work there as well: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/228061/3d-comic-book-tips-and-pictures#latest

Thats a great thread. thanks for poining it out. ill definetly will post there too

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,165
    edited November 2020

this is a Animated comicI did a while back , :)

Click to play

Post edited by Ivy on