Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• Llola Lane said:

Anyone bought anything interesting these last few days???  Nothing has grabbed me... sure gonna miss the tokens... They helped me save a bit of money (sighs)

...and they helped me spend a lot of money. blush

But ... from my earliest Daz days a couple of years ago when all of my characters were wearing stuff from the same few clothing sets, with one of maybe a half-dozen hairs, now I have sooooo many cool toys to play with! To answer your question, I probably have bought interesting things in recent days, and soon I hope to start trying them out.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,205

paulawp (marahzen) said:

...and they helped me spend a lot of money. blush

oh yes.. .same here but I am NOT thinking about all the money I spent... Good thing is maybe my purse will get a break???  lol

Lots of new stuff here too... now I just need time to create masterpieces with said 'stuff'... lol

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,009

I tried my best to keep to gift cards as my budget over the token months and wishlisted a lot. It was hard to remember that within two months of release some of those items would be eligible for sales with deep discounts. And there is Christmas, New Years, March Madness, May, July, etc ... sales to look forward to. As I try out the characters I bought as far back as last spring, I am using the items I did buy with tokens.

I have noticed a lack in one major area, real day-to-day clothes for males. I can use my G8 stuff, but I still wish for short/long sleeve button-up shirts, khakis or pants that are super baggy or glued on the legs for men who look in their late 20s and on. And while I love tennis shoes myself, I do see adult men wearing other styles of shoes besides flip-flops, combat boots, and tennis shoes.

memcneil70 said:

I tried my best to keep to gift cards as my budget over the token months and wishlisted a lot. It was hard to remember that within two months of release some of those items would be eligible for sales with deep discounts. And there is Christmas, New Years, March Madness, May, July, etc ... sales to look forward to. As I try out the characters I bought as far back as last spring, I am using the items I did buy with tokens.

I have noticed a lack in one major area, real day-to-day clothes for males. I can use my G8 stuff, but I still wish for short/long sleeve button-up shirts, khakis or pants that are super baggy or glued on the legs for men who look in their late 20s and on. And while I love tennis shoes myself, I do see adult men wearing other styles of shoes besides flip-flops, combat boots, and tennis shoes.

It has gotten to a point now where I won't buy anything unless I have a gift card balance.  It's a game with me... "Get as much of a 'deal' as I can"  So far I'm being true to the challenge.  lol

Looks like we are back to the punch card for this holiday.  CaaaaCHUNK!!!!  (that's the sound a puncher makes going into the card... lol)

Men's content has been a long on-going request.  Seems like each new generation needs what the previous generation had.  I try to make do with texture shaders.  They can add a little change to a same ole same ole outfit.

• It fascinates me that there are always lots of requests for more practical men's clothing and yet PAs say that men's clothing doesn't ever sell.

(I think men's clothes are boring, so it doesn't bother me to have men wear the same thing in my stories over and over, because in the real world they do ... but I admit I probably could stand to expand my men's casual attire selection a bit. There's one particular outfit I've used so often that I've actually had to make it a joke and have a particular character ALWAYS wear it whenever he appears. When someone says "can he wear something else, please," I dye the shirt a different color :P)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,733

mal3Imagery has some very nice male clothing.  As far as what men wear, I wear the same type blue jeans everyday as well as same style of shirt. Keep things simple. laughI have 10 pairs of tan socks, and all my skivvies are white. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,897

columbine said:

It fascinates me that there are always lots of requests for more practical men's clothing and yet PAs say that men's clothing doesn't ever sell.

(I think men's clothes are boring, so it doesn't bother me to have men wear the same thing in my stories over and over, because in the real world they do ... but I admit I probably could stand to expand my men's casual attire selection a bit. There's one particular outfit I've used so often that I've actually had to make it a joke and have a particular character ALWAYS wear it whenever he appears. When someone says "can he wear something else, please," I dye the shirt a different color :P)

Just because people say they want it doesn't mean they will buy it and the forum users are a small group of the customer base (though we do get a lot of ideas from the users) and we have to think about the entire customer base and what sells by statistics. If PA's can't sell more than a certain amount there is a bigger chance that we aren't going to make it. Many PA's have shared their sales numbers with the public (but not even a quarter of creators) over the years and it's a proven fact that they sell a very large portion less than female clothing, regardless of generation and/or style for the majority. We need to be able to at least pay for our time, which is very hard to do these days.

• frank0314 said:

columbine said:

It fascinates me that there are always lots of requests for more practical men's clothing and yet PAs say that men's clothing doesn't ever sell.

Just because people say they want it doesn't mean they will buy it and the forum users are a small group of the customer base (though we do get a lot of ideas from the users) and we have to think about the entire customer base and what sells by statistics. If PA's can't sell more than a certain amount there is a bigger chance that we aren't going to make it. Many PA's have shared their sales numbers with the public (but not even a quarter of creators) over the years and it's a proven fact that they sell a very large portion less than female clothing, regardless of generation and/or style for the majority. We need to be able to at least pay for our time, which is very hard to do these days.

Oh, I wasn't doubting the word of the PAs on this--I believe that men's clothing doesn't sell well. I'm just always interested in the disconnects between who wants what and who's actually buying what.

daveso said:

mal3Imagery has some very nice male clothing.  As far as what men wear, I wear the same type blue jeans everyday as well as same style of shirt. Keep things simple. laughI have 10 pairs of tan socks, and all my skivvies are white. 

Thanks for the linky daveso... I actually have NOTHING from this PA :(  ... You are correct... very nice clothing.. nothing on sale... so I will wish list a few things for when the price is a little better.  (sighs)

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 942

There is the https://www.daz3d.com/aztec-pyramids-2 product. Is the an Aztec-Pyramid-1 product somewhere? I can't find it.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,259

nabob21 said:

There is the https://www.daz3d.com/aztec-pyramids-2 product. Is the an Aztec-Pyramid-1 product somewhere? I can't find it.

Not so far. 

• daveso said:

mal3Imagery has some very nice male clothing.  

Yes, and I own his whole store except for the military bundle. I buy a lot of men's clothes, but apparently nobody else does. sad

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

Nala for Genesis 9 for $2.99 is a great start for the holiday sale, I think.  A cute Thorne elf with lots of options!  No way I could pass this up.

Nala for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,664

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

Yes, and I own his whole store except for the military bundle. I buy a lot of men's clothes, but apparently nobody else does. sad

I do too, for one, I'm a fiend for suits ;-). Just wish there were more historical variations to be had. Love mal3imagery's outfits as well, although some low-rising jeans would be nice for a change. But always very good quality! 

• tsroemi said:

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

I do too, for one, I'm a fiend for suits ;-). Just wish there were more historical variations to be had. Love mal3imagery's outfits as well, although some low-rising jeans would be nice for a change. But always very good quality! 

@mal3imagery is next-level when it comes to male clothing.  The artist does take the time to craft good clothes that both drape well and are structured.  The military set is fantastic.  I highly recommend it.

Back to the topic at hand: dForce Tiger Dress for Genesis 9, 8.1 and 8 Female looks like a nice buy.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 453

Llola Lane said:

Anyone bought anything interesting these last few days???  Nothing has grabbed me... sure gonna miss the tokens... They helped me save a bit of money (sighs)

I've been saving my money for something but I saw the Olympia alternate shapes for sale and I bought them as quickly as I could. While technically not new, it's new to the marketplace as a stand alone product.

• I'm not a DAZ+ member, so the opportunity to get the Nerine for $2.99 by buying a skinny green thing was welcome. Not sure if I'll ever even download the skinny green thing; definitely not my sort of thing. Regards, Richard.
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,317
    edited November 2023

Pretty excited to have gotten Thorne's sweet little hotty: Nala for Genesis 9 for such a low price! Great way to test the Punch Card Sale!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

In that image, she's wearing my Rosie's hair, and I'm definitely going to have to put her into that wonderful torn shirt by Smay! Yikes!!!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,342

richardandtracy said:

I'm not a DAZ+ member, so the opportunity to get the Nerine for $2.99 by buying a skinny green thing was welcome. Not sure if I'll ever even download the skinny green thing; definitely not my sort of thing. Regards, Richard.

To be fair to the skinny green thing, she does come in other colours too, including human colours, although she will remain skinny if you don't want to dial any other morphs into her.

Whoa... Skinny Green Thing! Nice!!!

jd641 said:

Llola Lane said:

I've been saving my money for something but I saw the Olympia alternate shapes for sale and I bought them as quickly as I could. While technically not new, it's new to the marketplace as a stand alone product.

agreed... and a great deal indeedie ;)

Llola Lane said:

jd641 said:

Llola Lane said:

agreed... and a great deal indeedie ;)

Same! I'vd been waiting for a chance to grab these shapes since the bundle was released. Now Olivia is up next, predictably; already have those though, so I just miiiiight treat myself to those lovely Dutch braids tomorrow ... Are the items staying in Still New for three days as always, does everyone think? 

• Space Bash! is a very lovely set!  For me, space renders look quite dull (planets in particular).  This set might just change that.  I'd love for this to do well, so it can get a multi-planet expansion set (more biomes, interesting city layouts from space, etc).

Kudos to the creator!

• ElorElor Posts: 1,047

A couple of weeks ago, the creator shared a couple of renders on the product's topic, not present on the product page:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/654256/space-bash-coming-soon/

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,890
    edited November 2023

Space Bash! is a very lovely set!  For me, space renders look quite dull (planets in particular).  This set might just change that.  I'd love for this to do well, so it can get a multi-planet expansion set (more biomes, interesting city layouts from space, etc).

Kudos to the creator!

looks really good in the promos! I'm afraid i have limited use for it, especially since i already have a few space themed sets... I'll restrain myself.
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • Astraffel said:

https://www.daz3d.com/aztec-pyramids-2

I love the structural variety of these! I've been wanting a mesoamerican or egyptian pyramid environment for a long time yet never found the right fit. I think they may look fantastic with some tropical UltraScenery!

Too tempting! My selection of Aztec clothes is sorely lacking.

[Gallery Link]

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449
    edited November 2023

Havos said:

richardandtracy said:

I'm not a DAZ+ member, so the opportunity to get the Nerine for $2.99 by buying a skinny green thing was welcome. Not sure if I'll ever even download the skinny green thing; definitely not my sort of thing. Regards, Richard.

To be fair to the skinny green thing, she does come in other colours too, including human colours, although she will remain skinny if you don't want to dial any other morphs into her.

I'm not entirely sold on G9 yet, having previously only bought V9 as pre-release and MSO Dola. The skinny green thing is not a character shape I would get if it were the only thing - in fact I find it rather disturbing. As it is, using it to get the DAZ+ freebie for a non-DAZ+ member was acceptable. I still feel neither the need nor desire to download the skinny green thing.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,259

stelari said:

Too tempting! My selection of Aztec clothes is sorely lacking.

[Gallery Link]

Repeating what I already wrote in the gallery: Great shot! Love everything about it: the colors, the composition, the subtle depth of the image... Well done! 

Wow, the new Mihrelle Dutch Braids are not even 50 MB in (zipped) size, amazing! They look really good nonetheless. I was debating this whole day whether to get them, as they're still quite expensive even with 3 punches, but in the end, I couldn't resist. They're just too well suited to historical styles. Mihrelle has surely done some serious changing to her work process, almost all the last hairs were small in file size. I like that trend!

This discussion has been closed.