Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.1.202! (*UPDATED*)

167891012»

Comments

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 85

crosswind said:

HyeVltg3 said:

I finally decided to update and DIM is stuck at Retry.

How can I update to the Pubilc Build, I tried to close and reopen DIM and tried to remove the "Ready to Install" item and re-download, but it keeps getting stuck at this Retry.

Sometimes I have the same issue... after waiting for hours, it works again.

Thanks for the input. Found out that it was because the connection to the drive was weak/faulty (DIM saves all Downloads to a network path) 

• swbfvdswbfvd Posts: 18
    edited September 10

After the update today my DAZ looks not correct, has anyone else had this happen? Is this a glitch or just what the new update looks like, is there anyway to make it look normal again?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. I guess I updated DAZ while it was still running in the background and it became corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled, now it looks normal.

DAZ3D Look.png
    2560 x 1440 - 177K
    Post edited by swbfvd on
  • swbfvd said:

After the update today my DAZ looks not correct, has anyone else had this happen? Is this a glitch or just what the new update looks like, is there anyway to make it look normal again?

It looks like you installed it while Daz Studio was running. Make sure it is not running, uninstall and reinstall.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,035

swbfvd said:

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. I guess I updated DAZ while it was still running in the background and it became corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled, now it looks normal.

To avoid this you can set the file layout.dsx as "read only". This way, even after the most disastrous event, your interface will be as you left it.

• Imago said:

swbfvd said:

To avoid this you can set the file layout.dsx as "read only". This way, even after the most disastrous event, your interface will be as you left it.

But yiu won't be able to make any changes yourself or take necessary chnages to enable new featuers. Better to save it (Window>Workspace>Save Layout) and/or back it up.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,035

Richard Haseltine said:

But yiu won't be able to make any changes yourself or take necessary chnages to enable new featuers. Better to save it (Window>Workspace>Save Layout) and/or back it up.

Isn't enough to disable the "read only", make the changes and then set it again to "read only"?  cool

Also that "Save Layout" never worked fine for me. Every time I use that, even if I saved and set everything properly, my interface got all mixed up.

• Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Isn't enough to disable the "read only", make the changes and then set it again to "read only"?  cool

Also that "Save Layout" never worked fine for me. Every time I use that, even if I saved and set everything properly, my interface got all mixed up.

Don't forget that the issue here, with the whited out UI, is with the style files not the layout.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 776

Imago said:

If I select a keyframe on the very last frame of the range, I can't unselect it until I move it on any other location.

That's always been the case; nothing new.  The work-round (selecting something else) doesn't always work either; specifically it only works if you select something *not* on the last frame.  If you select something on the last frame something really weird happens, I've not got to the bottom of it.

I did report this years ago.

Imago said:

I tried what you suggested but still doesn't work for me. Set the total to 71, still the last keyframe is always, constantly selected whatever I do.

That's not what @crosswind meant: you can make the "last" frame not, in fact, be the "last" frame by adding 1 to the total frames (so the last frame 70 becomes the second to last now the last is 71) and NEVER using the last frame.  So far as I can tell this works however many frames you have (so it works if there is no way of distinguishing on the screen between the "last" and "last but one" frame.)

This "work round that isn't a work round" also always worked.

edited September 11

Richard Haseltine said:

Not a bug per se, as explained in the change log.

I.e it is explained here:

[Body is 10071 characters too long]

This is completely ridiculous.  DAZ needs to revert to 4.22.1.161 and it needs to happen yesterday.

Oh, and the boot time has been descending into the pits of hades and is now one minute.  How on earth can it take a modern computer program on a modern (a few years old but still modern) a whole minute to start up?  Early 4.21 and, IRC 4.22, versions did not.  Yes, it takes 1 minute from the start until the annoying bo-bomb I need to copy a file beep (it does not, in fact, do what it says it is going to do but doing it does not help!)

Post edited by jbowler on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

Yes, it is pretty slow to start up these days.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,154
    Though it doesn't take 1 min to open DS PB on my side, it's noticeable slower than previous versions. When loading a saved Layout, it's also slower.
  • Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 157
    edited September 12

I noticed for a while with a few of the latest beta versions already that "Image Series" render has a race condition with "Applying Mesh Smoother" stage.

If it loses the race, the render output is without smoothing for the particular object(s) that took too long for filter to apply.

Does anybody else notice this behavior?

The current workaround is to render each frame separately, waiting "Applying Mesh Smoother" status text to disappear before hitting "Render".

Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • Eustace Scrubb said:

memcneil70 said:

Eustace Scrubb said:

I upgraded to the latest Beta tonight, and as soon as I did so, my shaders quit working.  Certain of my homebrewed ShaderMixer toon shaders render in 3Delight anymore, which is a problem, since that's my primary render engine, and these are the main shaders I use.  All I get is a white silhouette whenever I render with them, although Iray shaders, and certain other (non-toon) 3DL shaders work just fine.  Is anyone else having this sort of trouble?  And how do I revert it a stage to the prior install--if that would even work?

I tested a variety of my 3DL shaders on my MacBook Pro M1 on a soccer ball and they all worked. I do not have any homemade shaders to test. This was on the latest Beta as well. Except I was looking at the Iray render engine, but when I remembered to switch to 3DL render engine, it turned to black, not white.

I've run a few more tests, since:  it's always toon shaders (the Visual Style shaders have the same problem), so far, but not the DS Default toon shaders.  Is there a glitch in one of the "Toon"-specific bricks?

Update:  Visual Style works, though I thought it didn't.  Other toon shaders, not made in ShaderMixer, don't work.  Those that don't just give a mesh silhouette either in white, or in some variant on the "Diffuse" value.

Was the 3Delight root updated?

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 157
    edited September 13

For the latest Iray version, I noticed enabling "Guided Sampling" or "Caustic Sampler" creates black dots (pixels) in the final render output. Even if I set very high quality targets (2.00 / %99). Interesting enough, enabling denoiser doesn't remove these black dots. (Enabling spectral rendering alone looks fine though.)

This happened on a room scene where the environment is set to "scene only" and the only light is a point light as disc on the ceiling of the room.

Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • Eustace Scrubb said:

Eustace Scrubb said:

memcneil70 said:

Eustace Scrubb said:

I upgraded to the latest Beta tonight, and as soon as I did so, my shaders quit working.  Certain of my homebrewed ShaderMixer toon shaders render in 3Delight anymore, which is a problem, since that's my primary render engine, and these are the main shaders I use.  All I get is a white silhouette whenever I render with them, although Iray shaders, and certain other (non-toon) 3DL shaders work just fine.  Is anyone else having this sort of trouble?  And how do I revert it a stage to the prior install--if that would even work?

I tested a variety of my 3DL shaders on my MacBook Pro M1 on a soccer ball and they all worked. I do not have any homemade shaders to test. This was on the latest Beta as well. Except I was looking at the Iray render engine, but when I remembered to switch to 3DL render engine, it turned to black, not white.

I've run a few more tests, since:  it's always toon shaders (the Visual Style shaders have the same problem), so far, but not the DS Default toon shaders.  Is there a glitch in one of the "Toon"-specific bricks?

Update:  Visual Style works, though I thought it didn't.  Other toon shaders, not made in ShaderMixer, don't work.  Those that don't just give a mesh silhouette either in white, or in some variant on the "Diffuse" value.

Was the 3Delight root updated?

No, that would be in the chnage log if it was done (and the people who use 3Delight would have been euphoric).

Dolce Saito said:

For the latest Iray version, I noticed enabling "Guided Sampling" or "Caustic Sampler" creates black dots (pixels) in the final render output. Even if I set very high quality targets (2.00 / %99). Interesting enough, enabling denoiser doesn't remove these black dots. (Enabling spectral rendering alone looks fine though.)

This happened on a room scene where the environment is set to "scene only" and the only light is a point light as disc on the ceiling of the room.

Try setting the RQ to 0.1 and the %covergence to 100%.  Convergence depends on the EV setting in "tone mapping", even if you have "tone mapping" turned off.  If your scene is very dark (high EV) it will converge very rapidly but the result will not be very good.  In a room scene with a single ceiling point light at a normal level the EV should be somewhere in the range 0 to 5; if it's the default you are way underexposed and you will get artefacts even at 100% convergence.

• jbowler said:

Dolce Saito said:

Try setting the RQ to 0.1 and the %covergence to 100%.  Convergence depends on the EV setting in "tone mapping", even if you have "tone mapping" turned off.  If your scene is very dark (high EV) it will converge very rapidly but the result will not be very good.  In a room scene with a single ceiling point light at a normal level the EV should be somewhere in the range 0 to 5; if it's the default you are way underexposed and you will get artefacts even at 100% convergence.

Thanks for the reply. I'm already aware of these facts. Though, It gave me an an idea with the light itself. I would like to try something tonight. I'll return with the results later on.