virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

created my first master clip.  smiley

Aiko 7, in carrara. blended wm, looks a lil worse than on converted clothes.  but i luv her heart

120seconds, goofy. http://orig01.deviantart.net/d8e9/f/2017/007/6/c/practice_aiko7_by_realmgal-daunf1d.mp4

applied a pose, keyframe, nother pose.

eye moisture woes, eyelashes, had to manually apply alpha map.
    clothes conforming works
    severa; body morphs i tried seem to work
    expressions, some work, some dont, think is something to do with pose controls

wasnt too much to it in the end. too tired to write tutorial tnite, or morning, 3:48am

aiko7 rara.JPG
    1027 x 679 - 133K
    saved my first master clip.JPG
    1504 x 864 - 143K
    rain.png
    729 x 1000 - 388K
    1.JPG
    335 x 450 - 33K
    stuck on eye moisture.png
    1280 x 800 - 1M

should test autofit g3m clothes to her next,  

sigh eye moisture

ciri textures loaded were dark grey.  

rain (lost urchin bundle) didnt load eyelashes.  mebbe they using iray opacity thingie instead of alpha maps

close1.JPG
    1142 x 735 - 119K
    clothes morphs following.JPG
    1125 x 708 - 114K

i see how to set frame range in master clip

would like to make nla for blink, shrug, pucker lips, tail whip, wings of course.

stretchie nla bits heart

but not smooth walks that look computer generated

staring at desktop screen. always starts with screen staring.

dragons as kewl as nightfuries a challenge to imagine. toothless lol, not so toothless
    Astrid, meet toothless.

how does anyone top that?

mebbe a lil bucktoothish?

edited January 2017

tiny boxes, min max

there a strange list on right click, actor projection.

so basically, there mebbe unnecessary steps here, prolly be a better way yet,
    anyhoo smiley
    in ds, i loaded g3f base, i'm in the last ds4.9 build, not the new one from last week,
    set mesh res to base, sudivision to 0
    prolly unnecessary but i zeroed her realistic mouth morph and naval, 1 less headache.
    i unhid a bunch of her morphs, got tired, didnt do them all, 
    then did, edit, figure, rigging, convert triax/general to blended
    saved her as a scene subset for a future use, i called her 'g3f blended base'

so then, 
    select the g3f blended base figure, 
    file, saveas, figureprop,
    1st dialog is where to save the .duf,
    i created a '4 ca' folder in my ds mylibrary, saved the duf there - named mine 'g3f b'
    next dialog creates her dsf in the ds data folder, 
    in the vendor box i called it DAZ 3DB (b for blended smiley)
    there were tick boxes for what to write, morphs, uv, parameters, ticked on by default
    untick the compress box
    let her rip.
    **she's going to be your source for the transfer utility.

with the g3f blended base still selected,
    file saveas, figureprop,
    1st dialog saves the duf to ds library, i named her duf file 'g3f ca'
    next dialog is for the dsf,
    this time i named the vendor 'DAZ 3DCA'
    tick on the 3 writes, untick compress,
    let her rip
    **she's going to be your target for transfer utility

at this point, delete g3f blend base from scene

next,
    in dson editor or a notepad,
    open the g3f ca.duf,
    and in data folder, sub folder 'daz 3dca', female, open the .dsf
    inside the files look for the node section.
    leave the 1st node entry untouched, which will be the fifure info
    the 2nd node is the hip, from the hip down to the last node, will be 172 all together,
    delete it all from both files.
    save both

next,
    loaded both the g3fb and the g3fca,
    used the transfer utility, with g3fb as source and g3fca as target

from there i was in a quandary to create another vendor folder or save her back to the daz 3dca folder.
    did both
    saved figureprop to g3fca xfer
    ** this is your ca non crashing g3f
    well, load 'g3fca xfer' ca into carrara smiley

any g3f clothes you want to use, convert it to blended.
    i've been saving the converted clothes to my daz 3db folder, with the idea that,
    if ca9 comes out and makes the workarounds obsolete, is an easy cleanup to delete the 1 folder yes

constraints.png
    250 x 362 - 31K
    actor projection.jpg
    299 x 211 - 19K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,298
    MistyMist said:

lol  nothing like Wookie Weapon to destress all the job tension smiley thanks.
    .< excel 2010 formula works fine on my desktop but stops working on my manager's laptop.

did you mean the ra-el demon gn1?

now that i know i can fix em, tempted to pick up a couple demons while the raw sale is running.

That's the one. I really like him - just not his teeth.

MistyMist said:

sigh eye moisture

rain (lost urchin bundle) didnt load eyelashes.  mebbe they using iray opacity thingie instead of alpha maps

Article almost done. Save you from all of these bitter shader woes! ;)

MistyMist said:

sigh eye moisture

Article almost done. Save you from all of these bitter shader woes! ;)

tysmiley

thinkin eye moisture is supposed to be answer to baked in highlights n reflections?

edited January 2017

dunno if there a way to make a carrara native file morph injection?  nothing to grab and drag to library

mebbe save as a formula? like a math formula?
    python scrpt?
    can a script be launched from the library tray?

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:

dunno if there a way to make a carrara native file morph injection?  nothing to grab and drag to library

python scrpt?

Export as OBJ (from Carrara)

Bring the obj into Daz Studio onto the base figure using Morph Loader Pro

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    MistyMist said:

python scrpt?

Export as OBJ (from Carrara)

Bring the obj into Daz Studio onto the base figure using Morph Loader Pro

what about without ds, like totally inside carrara? wink

in poser morph injs are pz2 files.  is a way to convert it to .car?

seeking a way to make carrara morph inj, if i make my dragon proj a native rara figure.

mildrag2 freaks me out a bit cause every morph loads with it, dont need all of them

mebbe is time to give up on a native carrara dragon figure, seems reasons no one seems to be making em 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Once you have your base model (modelled, UV mapped, and textured), you will need to add bones to animate the limbs in exactly the same way as you would move a Poser/DS figure's arms and legs etc.  You can also create your own morphs in the vertex editor for things like facial expressions and so on, again just as for a Poser/DS figure.  So although it is a large amount of work - it will be in any application that you do this in - you have all the tools to make your own figures, creatures, dragons, whatever you want, and move and animate them as you wish.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,114

Yay, Misty.  Make yourself some custom figures.  You can definitely do it. 

Carrara cafe has a few character rigging tutorials.

http://carraracafe.com/tag/rigging/

yeah, but, when i want to load up just the morphs i want to use in a particular scene, in native carrara figure, no ds or poser involved,
    i don't understand how that is done?
    i've come so far, but stuck on this vital bit 

i was lookin at fenrics erc tool in the store, it seems to apply only to poser figures, can it add erc to native car figure?

thankssmiley

mebbe i need a bit of a breather, haz a new wardrobe rack to assemble, assembly not included

Hmmm, don't know how to do that.

For similar results, I have multiple versions of the cyclostricth saved.  One mesh with no morphs.  One mesh with all the morphs.  I just load the figure that I want.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,979

in the vertex room

the create morph target tab has an option to import an obj in the edit validate sub menu

not on my PC but can post screenies when I am if someone does not beat me to it.

MistyMist said:

yeah, but, when i want to load up just the morphs i want to use in a particular scene, in native carrara figure, no ds or poser involved,

i was lookin at fenrics erc tool in the store, it seems to apply only to poser figures, can it add erc to native car figure?

thankssmiley

mebbe i need a bit of a breather, haz a new wardrobe rack to assemble, assembly not included

Yes, you can use ERC on pretty much anything, and certainly on native Carrara figures.  In my Advanced Carrara tutorials, I show how to set it up to animate the ailerons on the Sopwith Camel model that I talk through building.  ERC allows you to move one aileron and the other three, plus the connecting wires, all move in a coordinated manner.

PhilW said:
    MistyMist said:

thankssmiley

Yes, you can use ERC on pretty much anything, and certainly on native Carrara figures.  In my Advanced Carrara tutorials, I show how to set it up to animate the ailerons on the Sopwith Camel model that I talk through building.  ERC allows you to move one aileron and the other three, plus the connecting wires, all move in a coordinated manner.

does it work for jcms?

been dreaming about cerulean skies.

ocean beaches you could see the seaweed shrubs.

all started with a mermaid question in the commons.

MistyMist said:
    PhilW said:
    MistyMist said:

thankssmiley

does it work for jcms?

You can create a version of JCMs with ERC, in that you can have the movement of a bone control a morph - in fact you can pretty much have anything control anything else!  I remember doing an example of an arm bend which automatically made the biceps bulge.  Of course, the more complex you make your model, the more time will be required to set everything up, test it, etc.

Oh, I think I misunderstood the question.  I will ask what I think is a good question.  Is there a way to load multiple morphs at a time in Carrara native models the way that morph injection poses load multiple morphs in Poser content models?  I've simply saved a morph-loaded version and a non-morph loaded version of my models.

diomede said:

Oh, I think I misunderstood the question.  I will ask what I think is a good question.  Is there a way to load multiple morphs at a time in Carrara native models the way that morph injection poses load multiple morphs in Poser content models?  I've simply saved a morph-loaded version and a non-morph loaded version of my models.

As far as I am aware, once you have a morph in a Carrara model, that is where it stays, you can't really inject them as and when you want them. If you are building something for a specific project, you only need to make the morphs that you will need, rather than the large, general purpose set that comes with a Poser figure.

MistyMist said:
    PhilW said:
    MistyMist said:

thankssmiley

does it work for jcms?

Phil is right, you could use ERC for Carrara, but that would be silly unless we're truly abhorent about using DS for some reason.

Setting up and configuring custom JCMs and MCMs (Morph-controlled morphs) is such a simple prospect with all of the tools included in Daz Studio.

To me, it sound's like you're looking for a way to save morph injection files. 

Poser's PZ2 morph INJection files are nothing more than taking advantage of the software's Pose system along with code to INJect a mesh morph onto the figure.

Genesis now grants the morphs upon installation, no PZ2s needed.

As diomede mentions above, in Carrara, we can save a version of the base, with no morphs, then save various versions along the way as we make morphs. 

In the vertex modeler, we have a means to Export as Morph - I've never tried this and not sure if it would allow us to export and import morphs individually for a base mesh or not.

However, we have a totally free, incredibly powerful toolkit in Daz Studio. Not to sound like a broken record here, but...

With Daz Studio's Content Creation Tools (CCTs) we can set up JCMs on the fly, which can change for different angles of any axis, then save that directly into our base mesh.

We still do our modeling in Carrara, but then the hook ups in DS

Instead of using the newer Triax rigging, we could use the same form of Figure creation as Generation 4, like Lorenzo, Demonocornuto, or many other tand-alone figures and then have access to using their morph INJection system. You'd just have to research how to make those files - seeing your work here, I know you could figure that out.

Daz Studio is the one that can export those things, bring your custom shapes and morphs together onto the base and set it up in the ways it seems to me you're looking to do.

=======================================================

For a means to create a file to store dial information from one like-figure to another, we can use our NLA system:

Create Master Pose

Load Data form Clip

will transfer special morph dial information from one Genesis 1 figure to another Genesis 1 figure - one V4 to another V4, etc.,

edited January 2017

I would point out that purely native Carrara figures offer some advantages, but also suffer disadvantages, compared to rigging in Daz.  If you are taking genesis, and doing a FBM, then by all means take advantage of the rigging in Studio - it is not even worth discussing an all Carrara alternative.

However, for a custom figure like my Cyclopstritch - not so fast.  There are a lot of restrictions and extra steps that come with rigging in Studio compared to an all-carrara figure.  Trade-offs.   Daz has not provided a host of custom JCMs and custom FBMs and extra bones, etc for my cyclopstirtch like it does for genesis.  You have to do that yourself.  Carrara's rigging is much more straightforward (but also with limitations).  trade-offs.

Post edited by Diomede on

carrara weightmapping in carrara, or ds triax in carrara?  dunno which is better

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

MistyMist, my Dino, which I modeled from scratch, fully rigged and weight mapped in Carrara. I found it more comfortable than, for example, in DS.

Doc2.png
    1364 x 1000 - 821K
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 9.41.21 AM.png
    953 x 730 - 161K
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 9.42.10 AM.png
    1097 x 856 - 281K
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 9.42.38 AM.png
    745 x 825 - 206K
    diomede said:

I would point out that purely native Carrara figures offer some advantages, but also suffer disadvantages, compared to rigging in Daz.  If you are taking genesis, and doing a FBM, then by all means take advantage of the rigging in Studio - it is not even worth discussing an all Carrara alternative.

However, for a custom figure like my Cyclopstritch - not so fast.  There are a lot of restrictions and extra steps that come with rigging in Studio compared to an all-carrara figure.  Trade-offs.   Daz has not provided a host of custom JCMs and custom FBMs and extra bones, etc for my cyclopstirtch like it does for genesis.  You have to do that yourself.  Carrara's rigging is much more straightforward (but also with limitations).  trade-offs.

Absolutely! I agree!

What I wrote up there was mainly because she was interested in PZ2-like files.

I love staying entirely in Carrara. In fact, I may do some experiments in Studio, and do plan to use it more in the future with content-related creations, but when it comes right down to it, I barely ever enter Daz Studio in favor of staying within my Carrara.

I still haven't added a custom shape morph to a Genesis (1 or 2) figure. I remember trying to do something one day, back in the 8.5 beta, and got kind of confused as to how I was going to go about it, since I was working on a Female item, but entering edit mode drives the shape back to default male (Genesis 1).

But I absolutely love how easy it is to add morphs to Generation 4 figures and their support gear! 

I have just done some mesh changes to some stuff I've tweaked for Genesis 2 Female from V4 after it became an Actor DUF figure in Carrara, and it worked great, but I didn't use the morph system - just altered the shape permanently. 

I think that rigging in Carrara is a Blast! Not to take anything away from DS, though... it has an Excellent rigging system and associated tools as well. Both have duplicate with symmetry, both have weight map painting, but DS also has bulge mapping, which is just too cool. It also has the fantastic built-in Daz3d JCM, MCM and auto-follow functionality, making true expansion an absolute dream.

Example being Genesis. How easy it is to make custom content for Genesis, we could do the same thing with our own creations, using Morph Loader Pro and Transfer Utility on our oown custom Base Figures against whatever add-ons we'd make for them. Carrara does have "Follow Skeleton", but Daz Studio has in place a much more versatile, fool-proof set of procedures to make all of this become a really fine way to go.

We can even use the older Poser rigging, like Generation 4 (using naming of the mesh areas as opposed to skeletal rig) and export CR2, create morphs, pose, clothing and props all through Daz Studio. I would LOVE to gain those exporting possibilities in Carrara. I really would.

Still, for what I do, I do prefer to stay within Carrara - but I'm not making people. 

Vyusur - very nice work on the dino!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    PhilW said:

Phil, thank you very much! Glad that you like it.

Vyusur said:
    PhilW said:

Phil, thank you very much! Glad that you like it.

dino03 is adorable heart, i would soo buy her if was in store !!