LIVE! In the store NOW!! LowPi - the Low Poly Figure, and Crowd Creator Scripts

1234568»

Comments

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 270

well I think evidence proves that I dont use things in the expected manner either.  I just like to be sure that customers dont think I skipped some things out of laziness lol

That was a design choice for reasons! honest

We are dicussing things, and we will see.  But meanwhile I have some clothing I need to be texturing and getting set up today ;)

LM

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,704

I love your experiments, barbult. They are inspiring, though a lot of it I don't have the skills or patience to attempt. I am really fond of the lorez skins so you can get a little closer to the camera. I would pay good money for that or the clown costumes and other clothes if you became a vendor. wink

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,443
    edited June 27

luci45 said:

I love your experiments, barbult. They are inspiring, though a lot of it I don't have the skills or patience to attempt. I am really fond of the lorez skins so you can get a little closer to the camera. I would pay good money for that or the clown costumes and other clothes if you became a vendor. wink

I wouldn't be able to sell the skins or the clown costume, because there they are both adaptations of Daz store products. The best I could do is try to explain how I converted them, but it was somewhat time consuming and fiddly with trial and error.

Post edited by barbult on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,678

luci45 said:

Our hope and intentions are that PAs will create things for LowPi the same way they create things for the Genesis generations of figures, as we see LowPi as a base figure. Hopefully things will start to arrive but things takes time...

edited June 27

LowPi hand bends are not symmetrical. Is this caused by a weight mapping discrepancy between left and right? In these examples, the left and right hands were bent to the same numeric value (left positive and right negative). The weight maps look quite different, but I am not a weight map expert by any means.
    Or is this just the hand bend limits issue we are waiting on an update for?

Screenshot 2024-06-27 173246 LowPi Hand Bends Not Symmetrical.jpg
    1666 x 1811 - 152K
    Screenshot 2024-06-27 173542 LowPi hand Bends Not Symmetrical.jpg
    1399 x 1612 - 90K
    Screenshot 2024-06-27 172834 LowPi Right Hand Weightmap.jpg
    1789 x 1768 - 143K
    Screenshot 2024-06-27 172919 LowPi Left Hand Weightmap.jpg
    1732 x 1719 - 138K
    Post edited by barbult on

This is the hand bend issue in the update that is waiting for a tester. We are waiting behind a big rush of summer projects. It will get there eventually, Honest!

I also figured out the hat/hair conversion issue is with the template weightmapping, so I will be adding a Headwear template to the update as well. You can usually get around it by not using either of the templates when converting, but a dedicated Headwear template will make it simpler.

LM

The issue is specifically that the bend limits between the two sides are not the same. 

Lyrra Madril said:

This is the hand bend issue in the update that is waiting for a tester. We are waiting behind a big rush of summer projects. It will get there eventually, Honest!

I also figured out the hat/hair conversion issue is with the template weightmapping, so I will be adding a Headwear template to the update as well. You can usually get around it by not using either of the templates when converting, but a dedicated Headwear template will make it simpler.

LM

Thank you for the information. I found, as you did, that hair and headwear convert best with no template currently. Luci45 and I discussed that here. A dedicated template will be nice to have. Thanks for continuing to make LowPi even better.

Lyrra Madril said:

The issue is specifically that the bend limits between the two sides are not the same. 

Thanks. Many new products and updates seem to be waiting forever in that queue. LowPi is not alone there.