Studio 4.22 Issues

I recently updated from 4.16 to 4.22. Ever since using the new update, my studio is extremely slow. It takes up to ten minutes to load a scene, even if its just a single character with a couple spotlights. Sometimes Studio will freeze up for a few seconds while I'm adjusting morphs or positions, moreso with HD morphs. And rendering completely freezes up my computer at first. If I walk away and let it run, it'll eventually unfreeze and continue to render. Rendering also slows my computer down to the point where I can't navigate the rest of my system. There have been times I needed to End Task Studio, just to be able to use my computer. 

I wasn't having these issues with 4.16, so I don't think its a system issue. Although I could be wrong? But are there any new tweaks or settings that I'm missing in Studio that could be causing these issues?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,003

Tastes like running out of RAM, how much RAM do you have?

• PerttiA said:

Tastes like running out of RAM, how much RAM do you have?

16GB

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,003

16GB's is barely enough, with the latest versions of DS, 32GB's should be considered the minimum.
    When you run out of RAM, Windows starts using virtual memory (storage space on your drives) to compensate and the drives are clacially slow compared to real RAM - That is why your whole system starts to crawl.

I'm still running DS 4.15 and with some scenes I was still running out of RAM when I had 32GB's, after upgrading to 64GB's it has not happened again.

Download GPU-Z to monitor your RAM usage and you will see how much RAM is used at which stage (Task Manager is not a good tool for monitoring)
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

• PerttiA said:

16GB's is barely enough, with the latest versions of DS, 32GB's should be considered the minimum.
    When you run out of RAM, Windows starts using virtual memory (storage space on your drives) to compensate and the drives are clacially slow compared to real RAM - That is why your whole system starts to crawl.

I'm still running DS 4.15 and with some scenes I was still running out of RAM when I had 32GB's, after upgrading to 64GB's it has not happened again.

Download GPU-Z to monitor your RAM usage and you will see how much RAM is used at which stage (Task Manager is not a good tool for monitoring)
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Thank you for the input! I guess I'll just revert to 4.16 until I can upgrade my RAM or get a new computer.