Looking for packaged-sandwich plastic carton prop

For a planned project, I am trying to find one of those little, triangular plastic tubs that premade sandwiches some in from certain vending machines and at the grocery.  You know, the sort of thing like an egg-salad sandwich where the bread is the general sliced-up-loaf-of-bread type, where after making the sandwich, they then cut the sandwich from one corner to the other, turn one side around so it stacks onto the other, then insert this into the little plastic tub, and then apply a peel-off plastic cover over the opening.

The closest I've been able to find, as a Daz Studio prop, is one of the items in Predatron's City Office Block Props, but that one is paperboard... and instead of a peel-off part, it has a cardboard panal with some clear-plastic inserted into that to form a window.  But that prop is a static prop, and that entire panal is non-removable.  For plot reasons (this is for a short comicbook-narrative) I need the part you pull off to access the sandwich to be removable... and in fact, be already removed, for the story to work.  I can, of course, probably delete that part of the prop in Geometry Editor, but since the story I'm adapting specifically specifies this is a PLASTIC sandwich packaging, not a paperboard one... I need the made-from-plastic version.

I notice that maclean's Everyday Fruit has a different sort of small food tub, and it has the sort of peel-off cover that I need the sandwich-tub to have, but there doesn't seem to be a plastic sandwich tub of the sort I'm looking for anywhere for Daz or Poser.

I did find a commercial-grade version of this sort of prop at one of those pricier, not-specifically-aimed-at-Poser-and-Daz 3D objects places for sale, but I'd prefer something made specifically for Daz.

Anyone know of a plastic sandwich-tub prop of the sort I'm looking for, made specifically for Poser or Daz?  Or, is someone working on something like that now?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

Not fully sure what you are after.

Is it somehting like this where you open the box to get the sandwich

Or something like this where you shall peel the plastic off.

I think the later will be hard to do if you want the plastic half off.

• The first one you showed is fairly close to what I'm looking for, "open the box to get the sandwich," as you said.  The second one is literally just a bag with a sandwich inserted, which wouldn't work for what I'm trying to do.

edited June 1

So something like this?

Sandwich_box.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by felis on
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,929
    edited June 2

Pretty much, yup.  Tho in my case, I'd want a version where instead of that hinged-open hatch, you'd have a peel-off flexible plastic part that comes entirely off.  But if all I could find was a version of that sandwich-box with the hinge open hatch, it would still work for my purpose, it would just add some minor complications to the scene .  Maybe make a version of each?

In any event, if I need something like this, where the sandwich-container can be opened and shown empty with the "hatch" open or removed, you know others need something like this, and would buy it, too.  And with more options and variations, provided they're easy for the maker to add, the more flexible it becomes for those who might buy the product.

Edit: Actually, if that hinge-open door thingy can be readily hid (i.e. it is a separate surface), that would also work fine for my purpose.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • lorraineopua said:

https://www.daz3d.com/city-office-block-props has one

Yeah, I specifically mentioned that product had one, but also mentioned that it was not quite what I needed.  Specificaly, the one in that product is paperboard (and I need see-through plastic), and the part where the sandwich comes out doesn't open and is non-removable.

In any event, the one @Felis shows pictured most recently above looks about perfect for my needs, provided there's a way to hide or remove the section that hinges open, but he (she?) didn't say where to get it from, so I'm guessing its a WIP or something.  Anyway, all the help (and build?) is appreciated.

edited June 4

It was an item I had made in blender.

When I saw your last message I opened the file and copied it, and made the lid separate with some smaller adjustments.

Some images and a file that contains it as DS product. Let me know if I have got something messed up.

You have to provide your own sandwich. I think the box is 6 cm width, so you might scale it for fit (it is scaled in the below images).

zip
    zip
    Sandwich_box.zip
    Sandwich_Box_v2_3.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Sandwich_Box_v2_2.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by felis on
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,929
    edited June 4

(Grabs it, installs it....)  Oooo, perfect.

I'd have pictured it being in Props > Felis > Food, or maybe Props > Food > Felis, instead of just Props > Food, but this placement works fine.  smiley

As for procuring and resizing a sandwich to fit... the story doesn't even have a sandwich involved, the characters pull one of these containers from the trash to plop something else into, so they can dispose of both later.

Anyway, thank you for the work.  I'm guessing this will show up somewhere like ShareCG after a bit.

image_2024-06-04_160523173.png
    1920 x 1050 - 151K
    Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on