Problem with "Long Wet Hair with dForce for G8 by Linday"

I would like to be able to count on the patience and help of the members of this Forum.
I bought "Long Wet Hair with dForce for G8 from Linday" and installed it on my Daz Studio 4.22 Pro. I believe I managed to apply the hair to my model and I believe I managed to simulate wet hair, (as you can see in figure 1). However, I was unable to apply the wet skin effect to the model (Genesis 8 Female - with my modifications).
I checked a PDF tutorial, but in my Daz Studio it doesn't appear as it is in the tutorial. In my Daz Studio, the sliders don't appear.
I also watched a tutorial video integrated into the product, but I got lost and was unable to follow the procedures, as the image made it difficult to read what was written on the tabs.
In another attempt, starting from scratch (starting Daz, loading the model...), I clicked on the “Wet Skin Geoshell” tab, but the result was that the model appeared to be wearing a white outfit, (as you can see in the figure two).
So, I would like to receive help from a member of the Forum who can give me a tutorial.
Thanks,

fig #2.JPG
678 x 560 - 53K

Comments

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

I think you are using G8.1F and the mats are for G8F. If you don't want to apply the mats manually you can load a G8F, apply the mat, copy the mats in surface, go to the g8.1f geoshell, convert to iray shader and paste the copied mat. I don't know why G8 mats will apply to the 8.1 figure but not the geoshell, but it's something I've just discovered myself and that convolution is my work around. I saved the 8.1 mat so as not to have to do it again.

• Thank you very much for your attention. I'll try to do as you said.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

Please don't post images of textured nude figures.

• edited June 3

lorraineopua said:

I think you are using G8.1F and the mats are for G8F. If you don't want to apply the mats manually you can load a G8F, apply the mat, copy the mats in surface, go to the g8.1f geoshell, convert to iray shader and paste the copied mat. I don't know why G8 mats will apply to the 8.1 figure but not the geoshell, but it's something I've just discovered myself and that convolution is my work around. I saved the 8.1 mat so as not to have to do it again.

Dear friend lorraineopua, with your guidance, I believe I managed to apply the wet skin effect to my model.
    Thank you very much.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

helderres_03a3635a4d said:

lorraineopua said:

Dear friend lorraineopua, with your guidance, I believe I managed to apply the wet skin effect to my model.
    Thank you very much.

You are very welcome, I'm glad you managed to follow my process.