Any ideas why I can't render, Log in picture

Hi, I just put together a scene and tried taking a sample render and the render gets to retrieving geometry and quits. Does anyone have an idea what the issue is? Most of the trees are instances btw. Please see image for scene and Log info.

Medieval Valley not rendering.png
2381 x 1206 - 2M

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562
    edited July 2

There are Iray error messages in the log but you posted a cropped screenshot of it so we can't see what they are.

At a guess (since that's typically why Iray won't render), you ran out of VRAM.

Since you said you used instances check that the "instance optimization" settings is set to "Memory".

Post edited by Leana on
  • tomekamansontomekamanson Posts: 18

Leana said:

There are Iray error messages in the log but you posted a cropped screenshot of it so we can't see what they are.

At a guess (since that's typically why Iray won't render), you ran out of VRAM.

Since you said you used instances check that the "instance optimization" settings is set to "Memory".

Hi, I will check the instance optimization and try to monitor my VRAM when I try to render the scene again. I may need to render the forground and background separately.

thanks for your suggestions.