Asked a Million Times but I Still Need Help

Hello Everyone,

I would first like to say I am 55 years old and not a computer guy, in that I have never taken any courses. I realise the problem of "clingwrap" clothing has been an ongoing issue for years. I have tried to use many of the after-the-fact solutions to fix the problem, to no avail.

I tried to make an Inrvin jacket for a pinup calendar I am creating.  Besides being a novice at using Hexagon and modelling in general, I am getting there. There are numerous problems including not being able to map textures properly, but I can fix those in post using Photoshop.

My question is this, please forgive me if I get the terminology wrong. I used the transfer utility in Daz after importing the jacket. I used another garment as the source. I think I did that correctly. My question is this, is there a way to get Daz to ignore the breast morphs, so they do not transfer them to the jacket?

I simply want the body of the jacket to hang straight.

Surely fixing the problem after the garment has become deformed is missing the point.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank andbest regards,

Peter

Katherine 8 pinup.png
1118 x 1440 - 625K
Post edited by peter_kablinger_aaf2366357 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

If you ignore the morphs (which you can do, either by applying a Rigidity group to the jacket with the Geometry Editor - which will block all morphs - or by creating an empty morph with the same name, not label, as each morph you wish to block - which will block only selected morphs) then the jacket won't move to accomodate them at all, and you will get poke-through. Using dForce is one option that may work, another is to use a Rigidity Group and apply it to the area from the mid-point of the breasts down, tapering off to the dsides, and select areas at the peak of the breasts as the reference group (which may, if it works, move the area below the breasts uniformly while still applying the projected shape above the breasts, where you probably want it).

• edited July 17

Thank you for your detailed response. I will have to look into what you are talking about. I found another solution when making the clothing. I avoided any tessellation (Is that the correct word?) in the area below the breasts. It did the trick. It hangs straight and no adjustments are needed.

Thanks again, it is an interesting hobby, and I would love to take some courses.

Now if I could figure out mapping for the textures, I would be pleased.

Katherine Irvin Pinup.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • edited July 17

Thank you for your detailed response. I will have to look into what you are talking about. I found another solution when making the clothing. I avoided any tessellation (Is that the correct word?) in the area below the breasts. It did the trick. It hangs straight and no adjustments are needed.

Thanks again, it is an interesting hobby, and I would love to take some courses.

Now if I could figure out mapping for the textures, I would be pleased.