Horse 3

Hello! I'm at the very early stages of learning how to use Daz studio. I recently picked up the Horse 3 kit, as well as the Pro Material set. I am having a hard time working through this new set of models and I had a few questions...

The first question that I have is if I need to buy the Dforce addon and the materials in order to make the hair change color. The next question I have is how would I go about making the hair fall down? I might have been naive in thinking that I would only need to buy the base Horse 3 kit in order to have proper horse hair, but I want to see if I am missing something before buying yet again a new store bundle. 

The last issue I am having is a missing file message that pops up whenever I try and apply a new material to the base horse. This goes for different horse layered materials, as when I apply, for example, a white mark on the horse's head it instead gives me an error message and appears black. Any help would be extremely appreciated, as I have not found much success online with answering my questions. I attached a few images that show what things look like from my end. 

Screenshot 2024-07-26 121526.png
1333 x 965 - 471K
Screenshot 2024-07-26 122034.png
294 x 326 - 20K