I cannot run Daz 4.9 on my laptop, need to downgrade

I have just upgraded to Daz 4.9 but it will not run on my rather old machine. As my graphic card isn't compatible with the new version. I want to go back to the previous version that worked on my laptop as up grading isn't an option for me at the moment. The problem is my old version was overwritten with the new download and removed from my laptop. I have tried finding the old version on Daz but seem to be unable to locate it. does anyone know where I can download the previous version of daz?

Thank you.

Comments

• R25SR25S Posts: 595

Have you looked in you Account Product Library or in DIM?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

If you want to install an older version, you need to save that older version yourself somewhere so you have it.  Any chance you have a backup with the older version downloaded (either manually or wherever DIM saves downloads?)

Now would be a good time to start saving older versions of all your applications (not just DAZ products) prior to installing new versions.

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

There are no new requirements for graphics cards in 4.9, did a driver update get pushed that "upgraded" your video card driver to a generic one? I had that happen on my test laptop over here and had to spend some time convincing the operating system to let me put the real video card driver in.

• SoneSone Posts: 84
    DAZ_Rawb said:

I have just upgraded to Daz 4.9 but it will not run on my rather old machine. As my graphic card isn't compatible with the new version. I want to go back to the previous version that worked on my laptop as up grading isn't an option for me at the moment. The problem is my old version was overwritten with the new download and removed from my laptop. I have tried finding the old version on Daz but seem to be unable to locate it. does anyone know where I can download the previous version of daz?

Thank you.

DAZ_Rawb said:

There are no new requirements for graphics cards in 4.9, did a driver update get pushed that "upgraded" your video card driver to a generic one? I had that happen on my test laptop over here and had to spend some time convincing the operating system to let me put the real video card driver in.

I'm having issues with 4.9 also. 4.8 is no longer in my DIM or product library either like paulwint3r.

Where can we get the 4.8 version DAZ_Rawb? 

• The problem I have is with the openGL mine is 1.1  and there seems to be no way of upgrading it, my card probably doesn't support 1.3 which is needed to run the new version of Daz Studio .  My laptop is really old it's a Acer Aspire 5732Z 64 bit . I need to upgrade my laptop but money is tight.

I have looked in my DIM folder, but it seems that it was overwritten when i downloaded the new version. I've looked in my Account Product Library too, but all older versions have been removed. Looks like I'll have to not use DAZ until I can afford a new laptop. Unless someone happens to have a copy of the old one. Maybe I'll try sending a message to  support.

Paul

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

The problem I have is with the openGL mine is 1.1  and there seems to be no way of upgrading it, my card probably doesn't support 1.3 which is needed to run the new version of Daz Studio .  My laptop is really old it's a Acer Aspire 5732Z 64 bit . I need to upgrade my laptop but money is tight.

I have looked in my DIM folder, but it seems that it was overwritten when i downloaded the new version. I've looked in my Account Product Library too, but all older versions have been removed. Looks like I'll have to not use DAZ until I can afford a new laptop. Unless someone happens to have a copy of the old one. Maybe I'll try sending a message to  support.

Paul

We're not allowed to share the file. But raising a ticket might help.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

The problem I have is with the openGL mine is 1.1  and there seems to be no way of upgrading it, my card probably doesn't support 1.3 which is needed to run the new version of Daz Studio .  My laptop is really old it's a Acer Aspire 5732Z 64 bit . I need to upgrade my laptop but money is tight.

Paul

This puzzles me, as no versions of DS4 will run with OpenGL 1.1 (nor will DS3, for that matter).

• This puzzles me, as no versions of DS4 will run with OpenGL 1.1 (nor will DS3, for that matter).

I'm only going on the message I get when I try to use Daz 4.9. I've had Daz since 2013 and haven't had a problem running newer versions until now. Although there were some features of 4.8 that didn't run as well on my laptop as they should have.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Can you please provide the specs of your computer and graphics card.  As has been said DS 4.8 would not have run with OpenGL 1.1 so something is off with your drivers.

• I get stuck at the splash screen

• ok will DAZ 4.9 run on XP, I have 4.7 running on it now, I stop upgrading because Daz dosn't list XP on the requirmets any more

• I too, was having trouble with 4.9. I couldn't find my copy of4.9, but I did find one doing a web search. I did finally find mine. Jim

• joeyteeljoeyteel Posts: 65
    edited January 2016

Paul

Sounds like a coinicdence that this started with the 4.9 upgrade. I can almost guarentee you will find you're running a generic driver that was installed around the same time that you updated to 4.9 as I have the exact same issue with my older laptop and regularly have to fight with Windows Update to keep it from installing the "better" driver it thinks it has.

Post edited by joeyteel on
  • DraxinDraxin Posts: 14
    edited January 2016

Be careful tryin to go back to 4.8, i saved the installer for it before 4.9 when i had to reset my laptop. i thought i saved all my 4.8 plugins as well (Mimic Live, Dynamic Cloth Control, and Measure Metrics). Sadly i found out too late i didn't save these and now i'm stuck with 4.8 and can't use my plugins. the 4.9 plugins will not load in 4.8 and support tried tellin me the 4.9 betas might, but they don't. so if ya do manage to get the installer for Studio 4.8, ya also gonna have to get the installers for the plugins as well.

i don't understand why DAZ has yanked all the 4.8 installers, most other programs when updating continue to support and offer at least 1 previous version. makes me wonder why they are so intent on shovin 4.9 down our throats.

Post edited by Draxin on
  • Draxin said:
    i don't understand why DAZ has yanked all the 4.8 installers, most other programs when updating continue to support and offer at least 1 previous version. makes me wonder why they are so intent on shovin 4.9 down our throats.

This isn't new - the downloads have always been for the current version only.

• I contacted Daz support on Saturday about this issue. I gave them my computer specs, told them it seemed to be a OpenGl issue, etc.  I had two messages from them, one asking for a screen shotof the error message. I sent that two days ago but still no response. Not the best customer service.sad

• hi i had the same problem with 4.9, luckly i downloaded 4.8 onto memory stick, i tried using the download manager to unload 4.9 as i did not tick the box for deletion after instalation but it did not work, i also tried the restore thingy, but i found that it corrupted the old 4.8.i now download bits onto memory stick befoe loading on the pc. hope you get it sorted.