Premier Questions

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,591

I'm sure people are going to have a gazillion questions about this whole thing, but there's something more simple I'd like to know. Are the new features in DAZ Studio Premier actually 'new', or are they existing plugins or products (like the G9 converter) that are just included in the installation? 

Comments

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,479

so we get a new member subscription option today Daz Premier $18.98 month works out $227.76 a year 

sounds the same to me at least think most of us have a lot of those options already and it costs fair bit too

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,028

So, at $18.98 a month, that's $227.76 a year and no way mentioned to get that at a lower price, versus Prime which renews at $70.00 a year with multiple options to get the renewall for much less.  Looking at the supposed benefits... I'm not seeing a great appeal, especially since most of the things that are being offered as promos like the Gen 9 base units and, apparently, a good portion of the monthly bundles, are things that have been out forever and which a lot of the target consumer is likely to already have.  So, exactly what is it that we'd be paying four times as much for...?  DAZ needs to demote the person who put the promo together as it really doesn't make Premiere sound like much of a benefit.

• hasu0703hasu0703 Posts: 22

Looks like I am now back to Base with my existing DazPlus subscription cancelled.
    Do I need a new subscription?
    I would have still had about a year's worth of DazPlus membership left.

Is there an annual plan or sale?

I started my own thread, but you beat me to posting by 5 minutes, so moving the text of my post over since you know Richard will have shoved them all together by morning...

So, at $18.98 a month, that's $227.76 a year and no way mentioned to get that at a lower price, versus Prime which renews at $70.00 a year with multiple options to get the renewall for much less.  Looking at the supposed benefits... I'm not seeing a great appeal, especially since most of the things that are being offered as promos like the Gen 9 base units and, apparently, a good portion of the monthly bundles, are things that have been out forever and which a lot of the target consumer is likely to already have.  So, exactly what is it that we'd be paying four times as much for...?  DAZ needs to demote the person who put the promo together as it really doesn't make Premiere sound like much of a benefit.

• DasTriDasTri Posts: 67

Imho the main benefit is that you get Tokens for $5 any day, while Daz+ gets them for $10.
    Not sure wether the Monday/Tuesday half will still exist (currently they do) and wether they will half for Premiere to 2.5.

The expiration rate goes down to 14 days, but that is true for all tokens. My existing ones have already been reset to 14. Thanks for that!

• NathNath Posts: 2,791

Cybersox said:

I started my own thread, but you beat me to posting by 5 minutes, so moving the text of my post over since you know Richard will have shoved them all together by morning...

Apart from the content, which as you say many of the target group already own much of; certainly the older stuff, all I see is a $20/month rental of software features. Not appealing. 

• hasu0703 said:

Looks like I am now back to Base with my existing DazPlus subscription cancelled.

Um ... yeah. Me too, and my Daz+ membership was paid through late 2025. 

https://www.daz3d.com/memberships ; link just added at main page got me worried looking at the different options I'm a Daz+ member and it looks like there is nowa monthly subscrition and not yearly and monthly price makes it more expensive now $119.88 a year plus looking at my account page it's all been completely changed and it's saying I'm no lomger a daz+ member even though I am or was 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,361

Cybersox said:

So, at $18.98 a month, that's $227.76 a year and no way mentioned to get that at a lower price, versus Prime which renews at $70.00 a year with multiple options to get the renewall for much less.

I don't think it's possible anymore to subscribe for a year: Daz+ is now advertised as a $9.99 monthly subscription.

What I didn't see is what is supposed to be the free bundle: the free products for Daz+ and Premier are still the two current weekly and monthly Daz+ freebies.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 911
    edited October 7

Well Cybersoxhttps://www.daz3d.com/memberships now lists the DAZ+ membership pricing at $9.99/month, so that isn't $70 any longer. I wonder what happens to those of us who have already pre-paid for DAZ+ for a few more years? I hope they still honor that.

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

in fact I've even lost my monthly coupons now I did use my $6 of $18 coupon but I still had my $6 off Daz Origional coupon to use now nothing

• NathNath Posts: 2,791

hasu0703 said:

I am (was?) paid up for DAZ+ well into next year. I am now apparently a free member in the lowest tier. Would like some official explanation. Is this just the transition to the new system that has bugs that need ironing out? Or is our money down the drain?

• Also noticed my account says Daz Base instead of Daz Plus? They really messed this one up....

• edited October 7

Just saw the announcement of the premier subscription. I am a fairly frequent DAZ customer and have been a DAZ+ member for a long time, but I think for me it is hard to see the added value. I would love to see more features and capabilities in DAZ Studio, and I would be willing to pay for it, but the actual additions on first look do not seem to be very tempting for my purposes. Has anybody had a chance to try Premier out? It seems like many of the added features are already available (in simpler form perhaps) as plugins (and I already paid for them), such as the dForce companion (now manager) and Mesh Grabber (now sculpting tools - very little information seen so far). It seems there is nothing for HD morphs, or strand based hair, or other of the tools currently reserved for PAs? Nothing in terms of important rendering features such as motion blur? Or a better HDRI system? Don't get me wrong, I like the new features to be included, but I struggle with the value proposition ofmore than $200 per year. 

As for the coupons, in most months i found it impossible to effectively use the existing DAZ+ coupons - too many exclusions - tokens expire too quickly to be a great help, and monthly freebies have rarely been good choices for me. 

My feedback to DAZ on first look would be - wow that is a steep price for what it offers... But I might try it for a month to have a more solid opinion.

Also, of course, what used to be DAZ+ has now also gotten a massive price hike (from $70 to $120) without any apparent additional value. Talk about rising prices way beyond inflation. As much as I like my shopping sprees on DAZ, it seems they are getting prohibitively expensive. Pity. 

Anyways, just curious how other customers feel about the new subscription and its value proposition.  

Post edited by christian_s_db08e35b79 on
  • AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 708

I couldn't immediately see an answer to this.i'd like Daz Premier.

- My Daz+ did not expie until May 2026. What happens to the money I pain for that? It says I must cancel the rebill. What about the next 18 months?

- i cańt imagine Ím expected to waste that money, so hoping for an answer when I subscribe, like maybe a refund, a reduced rate, or the term of mrmbership being reduced, I went here...

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-premier

From there I clicked "Subscribe to Daz Premier" and it takes me here.

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

My cart is empty. MY Account says I am a free member. I have no store credit to compensate me.

I have a subscription status of free, and it never expires, Where is the Daz+ now? I'm sure it wasn't simply taken away deliberately, especially since I still get the pricing, but I have no idea what is happening.

yeah I was commenting on another thread on this and looked at my page and I'm no longer Daz + and lost my coupon had left too AND to be a Daz+ member it looks like it's going to be a monthly subscription now of $9.99 amonth works out to $119.88 compared to think it was $70 year - this link to subscription info https://www.daz3d.com/memberships don't think I can afford this new deal  

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

sounds the same to me at least think most of us have a lot of those options already and it costs fair bit too

Yeah, it sounds like what is already out there in a slightly different package... and in all probability it's going to be far more dependent upon being logged into DAZ to function, which is a bad idea given how prone they are to being down due to cloudflare issues.  Offering the two year old basic Genesis 9 elements and monthly bundles composed of at least partially of previously released items come across as the ultimate in chintzyness as well.  Don't really need to export to Maya or Blender, and there are far better AI programs out there I would use if I was interested in that direction.   

edited October 7

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

in fact I've even lost my monthly coupons now I did use my $6 of $18 coupon but I still had my $6 off Daz Origional coupon to use now nothing

I tested a minute ago and it was still working (at least in the cart, I just grabbed the first Daz Originals I could get my hand on but I didn't went further): If you don't remember it, it's 10_24DAZPLUS for the $6 off Daz Originals and 10_24Save6 for the $6 out of $18.

Post edited by Elor on
  • I noticed that also. Very disappointing.  I paid for yearly membership in April. So I should have another 8 months on plus account.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,137

I think DAZ base is DAZ+ as I am still just a Member

they just added more tiers

edited October 7

Ah, it seems my Daz+ is not refundable. So what am I expected to do? Assuming it hasn't been cancelled by Daz (which seems unlikely, despite what my membership page says).

Post edited by AndrewJJP on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I think DAZ base is DAZ+ as I am still just a Member

they just added more tiers

No, Daz+ is unchanged in its benefits (but now cost $9.99 per month) and the free tier get you exactly the same thing that someone not subscribed to Daz+ got yesterday.

Using the link from the last Daz+ email, I was able to see the previous Daz+ page and checked that the coupon is working (I only tested the $6 out of Daz Originals) so it's possibly a bug in the way the new page is pulling our subscription information.

The previous link as it was in the last Daz+ email I received should lead you to the previous Daz+ page in your account:

https://www.daz3d.com/subscription

(The link in the newsletter has a lot of other characters after subscription, but I don't think they are necessary).

edited October 7

Thanks. That shows an expiration of 2026-10-05. I can cancel, but I cannot get a refund.

i am not clear how I upgrade without paying twice. I guess that is my real question. But ghis certainly clarified the staus of Daz+ :)

Post edited by AndrewJJP on

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

Oh hell.  I haven't used either yet and it's only the 7th of the month.   That's just outright theft if they don't get that fixxed ASAP, as those coupons were things that people had already paid for.  I swear, it's as if they were intentionally trying to make things get really ugly really quickly.  

SapphireBlue said:

Well Cybersoxhttps://www.daz3d.com/memberships now lists the DAZ+ membership pricing at $9.99/month, so that isn't $70 any longer. I wonder what happens to those of us who have already pre-paid for DAZ+ for a few more years? I hope they still honor that.

They really have to honor those unless they're going out of business, as they've taken money taken in exchange for advertised services promised.   

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,591

It is pricey, but it probably is worth it if you buy a ton of stuff. I think my PC+ membership expires this month, so I'm considering it, but I'd like to know about those Studio features before I make any decisions. If the 'sculpting and morphing tools' is just Mesh Grabber, then I don't know. I have a feeling this is aimed more at brand new users who would actually benefit from getting older bundles and a lot of legacy content, as well as Studio plugins and products that do what they'll need without having to wait for them like the rest of us did. I don't think this is a bad deal, but it might not be for 'power users' like many of us.

So... anyone want to take bets on we see a sudden stampede of vendors running back to Renderosity? :/ 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,137

now if they added HDmorph creation and Dforce Strandbased hair to the benefits of Premier ... devil

maybe some will bite

as is, a Kitbash3D Cargo subscription is more tempting to me, sadly I have now missed the sale