The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited April 2016

cough/cough  >>>.<<<  owww.  throat hurts, chest hurts when i cough.

iz one of those rattle coughs that makes people on the bus start coughing in empathy.

wanntz a cuppa tea, breakroom feels really far away. 

need to make it through one more day for a full paycheq  could really use some o' that magic robitussin

oscar mike gulf, not even 2pm yet?  noooooooo

Post edited by Mistara on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,992
    edited April 2016

...hang in there.  Get some soup if you can.

Curry would be a good idea as well, as the main ingredient, Turmeric root, is very helpful for a number of ailments (and it tastes much better than cough elixirs).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,472
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Serpent said:

Two and a half days left.  Nobody has dropped by to make final arrangements.  Nobody from HR to arange turnover of keys and my access badge. indecision

More exciting is that my agency has tried to get feedback from my bosses boss and he hasn't responded. frown Weird.

Boy, was this contract a big mistake! angry

*edit* Officially out of things to do, cleanup-wise.

*edit 2* Finishing lunch - just half an hour now! laugh

Yeah some jobs are just like that, a kinda what was that? experience...think you got to read those philosophers like Camu and JP Sartre to get the hang of it maybe and who on earth can understand those guys anyhow? :)

Sartre: "Being and Nothingness"  I tried, but about a quarter of the way through I decided it was excellently crafted BS and would lead me into madness.   Not that he was completely wrong, but he used a million words to overcomplicate a simple idea into absurdity and incomprehensibility.  A tome created not for general consumption and education but as a word game with his fellow pseudo wizards.

Philosophy is a talk on cereal box religion

Is a smile on a dog   - Edie Brickell, New Bohemians

laugh

Dana

Ah! enlightenedYes, now I see the light!

edited April 2016

...uh oh...

page of the beast.jpg
    1109 x 501 - 162K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

my brain is so perplexed might be a meltdown.

I was 45 minutes late this morning, but timesheets system only takes half hour increments. ?!

woulda been 20 minutes late, needed starbucks caffeine and a fruit cup. strawberries and pineapple chunks smiley

only 3 days left to spend my pa coupie. waiting for a flashsale that doesn't require buying new shhhtuff

Don't hold your breath!

Dana

Stonemason and Zev0 currently, no need to buy new stuff

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Gentle rain falling to gloss pavement and glass in drippey fragments of morning sun - maybe somewhere there is a rainbow :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,191
    kyoto kid said:

...uh oh...

Hold off on your concern.  I read an article a couple of years ago that says the original translation to English was off...it was really 667.  laugh

Dana

DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

my brain is so perplexed might be a meltdown.

I was 45 minutes late this morning, but timesheets system only takes half hour increments. ?!

woulda been 20 minutes late, needed starbucks caffeine and a fruit cup. strawberries and pineapple chunks smiley

only 3 days left to spend my pa coupie. waiting for a flashsale that doesn't require buying new shhhtuff

Don't hold your breath!

Dana

Stonemason and Zev0 currently, no need to buy new stuff

I really like Stonemason's work...but even on sale getting one of his is like buying something new and getting something by someone else.

Dana

ps1borg said:

Morning. Gentle rain falling to gloss pavement and glass in drippey fragments of morning sun - maybe somewhere there is a rainbow :)

I'm sure there is...somewhere.  Hope you find yours!

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

...uh oh...

Hold off on your concern.  I read an article a couple of years ago that says the original translation to English was off...it was really 667.  laugh

Dana

616 is the usually-cited alternative, depending on whether you you go by the Latin-transliterated-into-Hebrew or the Greek-transliterated-into-Hebrew theory.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

668. The neighbour of the Beast . . .

668. The neighbour of the Beast . . .

great 'fridge magnet :)

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

I'm sure there is...somewhere.  Hope you find yours!

Dana

That's a nice thought thanks :)

MistyMist said:

cough/cough  >>>.<<<  owww.  throat hurts, chest hurts when i cough.

iz one of those rattle coughs that makes people on the bus start coughing in empathy.

wanntz a cuppa tea, breakroom feels really far away. 

need to make it through one more day for a full paycheq  could really use some o' that magic robitussin

oscar mike gulf, not even 2pm yet?  noooooooo

chicken soup mostly gets me to payday....

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Serpent said:

Two and a half days left.  Nobody has dropped by to make final arrangements.  Nobody from HR to arange turnover of keys and my access badge. indecision

More exciting is that my agency has tried to get feedback from my bosses boss and he hasn't responded. frown Weird.

Boy, was this contract a big mistake! angry

*edit* Officially out of things to do, cleanup-wise.

*edit 2* Finishing lunch - just half an hour now! laugh

Yeah some jobs are just like that, a kinda what was that? experience...think you got to read those philosophers like Camu and JP Sartre to get the hang of it maybe and who on earth can understand those guys anyhow? :)

Sartre: "Being and Nothingness"  I tried, but about a quarter of the way through I decided it was excellently crafted BS and would lead me into madness.   Not that he was completely wrong, but he used a million words to overcomplicate a simple idea into absurdity and incomprehensibility.  A tome created not for general consumption and education but as a word game with his fellow pseudo wizards.

Philosophy is a talk on cereal box religion

Is a smile on a dog   - Edie Brickell, New Bohemians

laugh

Dana

Ah! enlightenedYes, now I see the light!

Those guys didn't know about the power of WTF :)

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    ps1borg said:
    Serpent said:
    ps1borg said:
    Serpent said:

Blech, my leg is bothering me.. cast is pinching something, glad it comes off tomorrow. Think I'll go home and stretch out, I've handled all my phone calls for the day and I'm running out of hings to write.. go home, drink beer, do a few shots, and ry to relax.

Getting low on beer, as well.. omg.. still have beer delivery money, this would be a good opportunity to get home and make an orde!  Maybe more dip as well, the Greek yogurt/cucumber dip I got last time was tasty and went really well with beer! laugh

Maybe I'll charge the old tablet and see if I can make it work, before I throw the little #$%#%$ out.. Windows updater nearly bricked it last time, but this model is 3 years old and the manufacturer doesn't really support it any longer, plus I got it refurbished from Newegg for $60!  Certainly got my money's worth out of it.

Best wishes for the un casting must be literally a weight coming off you :)

Definitely about time!  It's the last thing messing up my sleep, rolling over on the cast wakes me up 100 of the time and it's annoying as heck.  The actual weight of the thing isn't bad, it's 3 layers of fiberglass and is actually a little more than the weight of a shoe!! surprise Cast technology has apparently come a long way...

My SO spent nearly a year in one of those, back in the day, so glad you both don't have to put up with that any more :)

I've spoken to many folks that have had similar injuries, and apparently it's not uncommon to end up spending months in a cast, then months in a walker, then finally... physical therapy for months. indecision I seriously lucked out, things could have ben MUCH worse.

DanaTA said:
    Serpent said:
    MistyMist said:
    Serpent said:
    MistyMist said:

holding up my cuppa tea is making my wrist ache.  my office is 60% humid.

brought banananananana for lunch and a jam sammich on home made bread. smiley need to make home jam next cheeky  

thought i was gonna play with softbody simulations, but concentrates is not happening. >.<

wish i could call in sick t'morrow, worried caught the flu bug, but need money to buy stuff.  want Lightwave it's next sale.  want an imac to run the Final Cut pro.  

Yum, hoe made bread sounds tasty, even plain! smiley

I feel for you about the money thing.  I lucked out, I have all the tools I need (although WANT is a different story)...

iMacs.. not cheap..

mac spposed to be the platform for graphics, i heard.  

For things like Photoshop,Final Cut, etc. it's pretty much the standard hardwae in any studio I've ever visited or been involved with.  But the darn things are sure pricey... frown

That's because they all still believe it is the only computer for the job.  It was true years ago, but not anymore.  But, you know, old habits die hard.

Dana

I believe.. the graphics on my laptop are better than almost any Mac and I didn't pay extra for an apple with a byte (hee hee) missing!

edited April 2016

Dreary, overcast, looks like thunderstorms off and on today and tomorrow.  So much for going out and having a few beers on the pub patio in my new boot. indecision Maybe mid next week.. feh.. will have my end-of-contract party at home, online.

Last day of work with any luck.  Still nobody here, nobody has come by to talk, zero, zilch, null. frown I could probably submit my final timecard and go home, nobody cares at all.  Why did I get hired, I wonder? indecision Just to take up desk space?

Cast gone and  WALKING BOOT on!  Spent yesterday at home practicing with it, I'm unsteady even with a can but haven't fallen yet, so I feel ver upbeat and confident.  I need to take it slow and easy, it's been eight weeks total since I put any weight on the left leg and it's not used to it.. so, short walks, long distance gets the scooter.  Morale up 100%! laugh I get measured for the custom boot next Wednesday, it'll take 2-3 weeks to get it so it's good my current semi-custom boot is solid and comfy. The guy who makes casts also works on boots so this one has additional padding and some changes to the internal angles to suit what's left of the left foot.

I can also get around a *little* without the boot, to the bathroom and back, with a cane.  Agazin, it's going to take time for the foot stub to toughen up and the muscles to get used to how things ae.

Slowly but surely getting my freedom back. laugh

My Bluetooth mouse is out for delivery... hoory! New mousie!

Post edited by Serpent on

cough/cough  misery.

poke with fork done

tee hee   

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,079
    MistyMist said:

cough/cough  misery.

poke with fork done

tee hee   

Giraffe carafe.

MistyMist said:

cough/cough  misery.

poke with fork done

tee hee   

Geesh, feel better soonest!!!!! smiley

edited April 2016

Just got an email from my placement agency.. nobody has talked to them or gotten back to them all week,

Honestly, WTH?!?!?!?! angryangryangry

I just want to go home, drink beer, and eat chicken wings!  I'm out of useful things to do and I'm bored boed bored!! angryangry

*edit* Sent off a WTH email to my boss and cc'ed my placement agent.  Come on, let's clean up so I can go home!!

Post edited by Serpent on
    Serpent said:

Dreary, overcast, looks like thunderstorms off and on today and tomorrow.  So much for going out and having a few beers on the pub patio in my new boot. indecision Maybe mid next week.. feh.. will have my end-of-contract party at home, online.

Last day of work with any luck.  Still nobody here, nobody has come by to talk, zero, zilch, null. frown I could probably submit my final timecard and go home, nobody cares at all.  Why did I get hired, I wonder? indecision Just to take up desk space?

Cast gone and  WALKING BOOT on!  Spent yesterday at home practicing with it, I'm unsteady even with a can but haven't fallen yet, so I feel ver upbeat and confident.  I need to take it slow and easy, it's been eight weeks total since I put any weight on the left leg and it's not used to it.. so, short walks, long distance gets the scooter.  Morale up 100%! laugh I get measured for the custom boot next Wednesday, it'll take 2-3 weeks to get it so it's good my current semi-custom boot is solid and comfy. The guy who makes casts also works on boots so this one has additional padding and some changes to the internal angles to suit what's left of the left foot.

I can also get around a *little* without the boot, to the bathroom and back, with a cane.  Agazin, it's going to take time for the foot stub to toughen up and the muscles to get used to how things ae.

Sound like a lot of good news!  I'm happy that you're doing so well with it already!

I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse.  Fantastic mouse, rechargeable battery.  I highly recommend it. (I know you already bought yours)  It has a USB receiver, but that's no big deal.  I have a lot of USB ports on this box.  Most are still unused. 

So, what does the Bluetooth receiver plug into?

Dana

Serpent said:

Just got an email from my placement agency.. nobody has talked to them or gotten back to them all week,

I just want to go home, drink beer, and eat chicken wings!  I'm out of useful things to do and I'm bored boed bored!! angryangry

*edit* Sent off a WTH email to my boss and cc'ed my placement agent.  Come on, let's clean up so I can go home!!

Maybe they're trying the head in the sand thing...if we ignore it, maybe he'll stay?  laugh

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Serpent said:

Maybe they're trying the head in the sand thing...if we ignore it, maybe he'll stay?  laugh

Dana

Unfortunately, at this point I'd believe almost anything. indecision An hour after I sent the email both my agency and I are STILL waiting fior a response!!!  I will give them until 2:00PM to grow a spine and take care of this before I just shove my final words into an email, submit my timecard, pack up and Go Home. angry I'm never going to use anyone here as a reerence anyway and my agency is painfully aware of the situation. angry

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh angry

DanaTA said:
    Serpent said:

Sound like a lot of good news!  I'm happy that you're doing so well with it already!

I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse.  Fantastic mouse, rechargeable battery.  I highly recommend it. (I know you already bought yours)  It has a USB receiver, but that's no big deal.  I have a lot of USB ports on this box.  Most are still unused. 

Dana

My laptop has a modern Bluetooth built in, so I don't need a USB dongle for it to work.  The laptop only has 3 USB ports: one goes to my music keyboard, one goes to my backup drive, and the last one is for the curent mouse.  Freeing up one port would be very useful...

"hold on a sec while we log you out"

handy, i was comin to the forums to be logged out.  save me the effort of manually logging out so i can manually log in again.

brain clog  cough/cough   updating an access proj, can't clear my head.

rent weekend, 1 day left to use my pa coupie  woes  gonna bury myself under blankes soon as i gets home 

someone wanna make soup for me?  need T L C  crying

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    kyoto kid said:
    Petercat said:
    Serpent said:
    ps1borg said:
    Serpent said:

Just FI, when I get bored and frustrated I tend to do radical things to fix that situation.

So, to make sure my reputation as running off to ruin my life doing wildly crazy things, I've decided to buy Houdini Indue and get a copy of Nuke non-commercial and learn to be a visual effects artist to augment my writing and music income. indecision

Been waning to work in VFX for years.. known a few travelling VFX/video editor types in my life and it will pay the bills if I can get a steady stream of jobs.

This will mean an investment in hardware and software, along with time, and I'll be learning and cranking out portfolio projects while I continue to contract out as a programmer, write, and compose music. surprise

I want to be out of programming, forever, in 5 years.  That is my plan. devil

I always wanted to be a tram driver, you always know where you're going and when you get there you just drive right back :)

If my eyes were perfect and my foot worked, I'd go to truck driving school and do long haul cross-country truck driving!  Since I have no kids, no wife, no girlfriend, and no significan other it would be the perfect fit.  Modern semis have Internet, integrated smartphones, and a sleeping cab that's better than some flophouse hotels I've stayed in!!

Alas, I have to play he hand I'm dealt... indecision

They also have satellite communications and GPS that are always on and hooked to your truck's systems. Along with cameras that watch you while you are driving. So you can look forward to messages like:

"You exceeded the speed limit by 2mph for three seconds at 0121. A notation has been made in your driver's file."

"You aren't checking your mirrors often enough. A notation has been made in your driver's file. "

"You didn't use a turn signal for your last lane change, A notation has been made in your driver's file."

"Your radio is too loud. A notation etc etc."

Not to mention waking you up with a message demanding to know why you stopped when you could legally drive for another thirty minutes. Waking you with a buzzer that gets louder and louder until you read the damned message. When your delivery appointment is two days away, you're one hour away from it, and this is the last place that you can park where there's food, restrooms, and showers until you get there.

And now Govts want to use the tracking data to give you a ticket every time you violate the most minor of traffic laws. (Such as the aforementioned no-turn-signal, rolling across Kansas at 0200, the only vehicle within miles...) And a $100 ticket in a car could be over $1000 in a truck.

I'm glad I was able to retire at 55. It's all fun now.

...the only way to circumvent that is to be an independent, but then you have to buy the rig, insure it, pay for servicing, fuel, repairs, be your own logistics/sales manager. etc.

That is slowly becoming impossible. The DOT is trying to require that those systems be in all interstate trucks, even the owner operators. Some companies that use owner-operators already require them. The big joke is that the EPA is requiring Diesel Exhaust Fluid be used in all trucks to curb air pollution, when the ingredient in DEF that cuts pollution is a major component in homemade explosives. It used to be hard to find, now you can buy it in any truckstop!

Serpent said:

...congratulations on gaining back your mobility. 

Yeah after I had my fall and subsequent knee surgery years ago, I had to be careful getting around at first.  Within a couple weeks I was pretty much back to normal.  Since the surgery was just before the holidays, I was able to get the bulkhead seat on the plane when I went back to visit family and was was one of the first allowed to board (hmmm, maybe should wear my knee brace and take a cane if I have to fly again). They even had the airport courtesy cart take me to the gate (and from the gate when I landed).

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    DanaTA said:
    Serpent said:

Dana

I have the MX2. Things I like about it: It works with my Mac, it's switchable between 3 bluetooth receivers, so it'll work quite happily between my IMac and both laptops. It doesn't take up a precious USB port, since all my computers have bluetooth built in (I'm into flight sim, and between the controllers, gauges and stuff, not to mention external hard drives, pen drives etc, my USB hubs have USB hubs!)

Things I don't like: it's kinda small, even for my small hands. The mouse wheel is way over sensitive, even on the clicky setting

This discussion has been closed.