The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,098
    Petercat said:

It been two hours since the last update on my package.  It says it is out for delivery but no sign of it yet.

I seem to be at the end of every delivery person's route. Packages usually arrive between 6 and 8pm. I'm expecting the second-to-last delivery of my build parts tomorrow. I still need the SSD and video card.

The card that I was going to buy went up $60.00 after midnight the day my check hit the bank. :(

Bummer.   I wanted windows install to be started before I go to bed tonight.   I have to be in bed by ten pm so I can get enough sleep for work tomorrow.

Getting too tired to setup hdd tonight. Ugggghhhh 

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Petercat said:

It been two hours since the last update on my package.  It says it is out for delivery but no sign of it yet.

I seem to be at the end of every delivery person's route. Packages usually arrive between 6 and 8pm. I'm expecting the second-to-last delivery of my build parts tomorrow. I still need the SSD and video card.

The card that I was going to buy went up $60.00 after midnight the day my check hit the bank. :(

Bummer.   I wanted windows install to be started before I go to bed tonight.   I have to be in bed by ten pm so I can get enough sleep for work tomorrow.

Beats me why there aren't any 'net connected secure delivery boxes fitted to doors,  has got to be an opportunity for someone, everyone hates missing deliveries so much they would fly off shelves or whatever enlightened

kyoto kid said:

...well the airport didn't concur, but most other locations in the city (where most people actually live and work) were somewhere in the 90s yesterday. The local weather station in my 'hood recorded a high of 99°. A little "moderation" the next few days then 100°+ Satruday & Sunday.

seems to have been 50 for days now, iz sunny but

50.png
    216 x 163 - 16K
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

beer isnt fattening is it? 

Not if you drink enough of it fast enough.

...actually what is fattening are all the foods that many eat along with drinking beer like pretzels, crisps, pizza, most happy hour food, etc.

Beer contains quite a lot of calories in its own right.

...well the "good ones" do, bet adding all those other calories only makes the matter worse.

Is there nothing beer can't do ?

DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

21st Century France imagined in halftone:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:France_in_XXI_Century_(fiction)

well really screwed that up, the URL will work copypasta

What, they don't ride inside the whale?  :P

Looks like a pretty cool fantasy concept there though with the little sub-thing being strapped to it  *ideas start coming in*

Nobody wants to be a Jonah hey :)

critter needs a lot of tooth floss.  

That's not teeth you are seeing.  It's something called a baleen...plates of fingernail-like material on their upper jaws.  They use them to push water out after taking a huge gulp...leaving thousands of krill, which they then swallow..   http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/blue-whale/

Dana

Not so good for the Krill then :)

edited June 2016

This idea really took off hey

airpost.jpg
    1280 x 809 - 113K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2016

Edit, never mind. Found out they don't ship overseas so I'm so out of luck :B

Edit edit,  turns out I'm not out of luck;  Play-Asia has the item for preorder too! This site saves the day once again xD

(The uh, item in question being a Limited Edition version of that game I was talking about earlier)

Post edited by Rezca on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    ps1borg said:

And now we have Amazon Drones. Gonna get awfully crowdwd up there, and ugly. When you can't take a photo of the scenery without drones in the sky, it will be time to leave. Somehow. To somewhere.

I was too tired to go outside to get my package last night at nine pm so I waited until first light to get this morning.  I got Windows 7 installed on my new HDD and so far things are working okay.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Tjohn said:

All too true. crying

less hurty with a lil beer,
    Cheers!

craving candy gum drops for some reason

MistyMist said:

I have been craving Cookie!  I want some Cookie fun!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928
    Petercat said:
    ps1borg said:

And now we have Amazon Drones. Gonna get awfully crowdwd up there, and ugly. When you can't take a photo of the scenery without drones in the sky, it will be time to leave. Somehow. To somewhere.

...you could always get one of these:

MistyMist said:

...I have some gumdrop stars.

edited June 2016

...ugh, the little yap monster was in the kitchen when I went down to make brekkie this morning.  Bleary eyed from a restless sleep due to the humidity last night and not having any caffeine in my system yet, was not thrilled about dealing with it's loud 30 BPM (barks per minute) only a metre away from me while I was toasting up some muffins and making my usual morning mug of British strength tea. At least the little yipster didn't try nipping at me this time.

I understand they are taking it back as it not only continues to be annoying, but has been chewing up peoples' stuff (nothing of mine as I keep my door closed at all times). The reason for the third canine is a service companion animal for one of the people who lives here.  So far the first two have been total strikes. Why can't it be something quiet like an iguana, or at the very least, a mellow ol' goofy Lab?

...or why can't I just win the Megabucks Lotto so I can get my own place again?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,166
    kyoto kid said:

...ugh, the little yap monster was in the kitchen when I went down to make brekkie this morning.  Bleary eyed from a restless sleep due to the humidity last night and not having any caffeine in my system yet, was not thrilled about dealing with it's loud 30 BPM (barks per minute) only a metre away from me while I was toasting up some muffins and making my usual morning mug of British strength tea. At least the little yipster didn't try nipping at me this time.

I understand they are taking it back as it not only continues to be annoying, but has been chewing up peoples' stuff (nothing of mine as I keep my door closed at all times). The reason for the third canine is a service companion animal for one of the people who lives here.  So far the first two have been total strikes. Why can't it be something quiet like an iguana, or at the very least, a mellow ol' goofy Lab?

...or why can't I just win the Megabucks Lotto so I can get my own place again?

Doesn't sound like an actual service dog.  I think they are better trained than that.

Dana

How is Kimo pronounced and why is Kimo in my DIM?

Morning. Dawn limping into day like Emerson's wounded Oyster who couldn't find its pearl ;)

Petercat said:
    ps1borg said:

Don't think the average drone would survive the birdlife here, they is always hungry and Galah's especially have been known to try to eat airplanes :)

edited June 2016
    kyoto kid said:
    Petercat said:
    ps1borg said:

or one of these

http://www.techinsider.io/dutch-cops-train-eagles-to-snatch-drones-2016-2

d.png
    479 x 304 - 107K
    Post edited by ps1borg on

I was too tired to go outside to get my package last night at nine pm so I waited until first light to get this morning.  I got Windows 7 installed on my new HDD and so far things are working okay.

oh yay \0/\0/

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited June 2016
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Petercat said:
    ps1borg said:

or one of these

Or like this? Press to play.

Post edited by TJohn on

thor's day

baking bread to soothe my soul

on my last bottl o beer, guiness extra stout

Tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Petercat said:
    ps1borg said:

or one of these

Or like this? Press to play.

wraiths on wings?

what is the sound of attenuation?

I am watching Warm Bodies while installing content to my new hdd.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,577

We don't judge.

We don't judge.

Warm Bodies is a romance movie

watching witcher playthrough here.  running around a swamp, silver sword out, killing kikimoors
    run into bandits, switch to steel sword, 

This discussion has been closed.